dirty stains on chrome grill

audi_driver

S LINE
Reaction score
how do i get rid of dirty stains on my chrome grill? its stuck there even wen i wash my car, anyone ever hd this problem or is it just me? also just done under 12 k miles and rattles and squeeks here and there, especially the back sumwhere boohoo, does this only happen to a3s?

i have a rattle coming from my glovebox - havent had the chance to check out the source yet though!

as for the stains - you can use AutoGlym tar remover or diluted Meguires All Purpose Cleaner to remove the stains on the chrome grills

im not to sure about metal polish though as i am not 100% how hard the chrome actually is :S

but you could also try coca-cola! its good for shining up chrome and silver!

ive found on occasions that megs glass cleaner is good on chrome

No squeaks or rattles on mine, then again it's just done over 10000 so it shouldn't.

I use JEFF's Prime strong on my chrome grill. It get's rid of water marks, makes it shine more than ever and even makes water bead off in future.

i use meguars scratch X on my chrome grill and bumper to remove bug squats (as these rarely come off when you wash - they have to be polished off depending on how long they have been on)

steve184 said:
i use meguars scratch X on my chrome grill and bumper to remove bug squats (as these rarely come off when you wash - they have to be polished off depending on how long they have been on)

Doesn't sound too good using scratch X on a regular basis on paint. I'd stop that! Just get some tar & bug remover!

Jeffs Prime is good, and also used Megs NXT Metal Polysh on wifes GTi for chrome, and works a treat.

how easy is it to remove the chome from an 04 A3?

do you have to take the bumper off? i just have a few dirty patches which are hard to reach :(

scratch x is fine - i've used it for ages and never had a problem with it - its very controllable if you use light pressure it only polishes lightly and leaves no swirl marks. Tar and bug remover may remove the remains of the bug but it doesnt smooth the paint off again where the acid from the dead bug has etched the surface - scratchX cleans and polishes in one go.

I'm happy using it i know my stuff been messing with cars for years.