Hi All! New S3 ordered!

DomS3

Reaction score
Just popping in to say hi. Been reading this site for ages but not posted yet. :salute:

Just ordered a new S3 in Deep Sea Blue! This has changed from Moro blue this year. Very dark!!

Only a few extras added, homelink, light/rain pack, interior light pack, arm rest and Flat bottom steering wheel.

I've also gone for the Alcantara/ leather in black as I've had alcantara previously in a tt and think it's much nicer than normal leather.

Going to get an RNS-E and bluetooth fitted after as I'm loathed to pay dealer prices for them.

Lease guy says it should be here about mid/late July but can't see it personally. I reckon it'll be more like Mid/late August. So a long wait!! :crying:

Dom

:sign_welcome: Sounds like another nice motor...get some pics up when you do get it-not seen this colour:icon_thumright:

Welcome Dom,

Sounds like a nice colour. I didn't know they were available in Deep sea blue. I did read that Ice silver is now available. Are there any other changes for the 2008 model year? The GSM prep is really good, although I'm not sure there is much to be saved between factory fit and retro fit. I'm looking forward to seeing some pics in August (It's not that far away, really!!)

Regards, John.

I believe that deep sea blue is the replacement for Moro blue though there are no new bochures available and the audi website is not updated yet either. I've seen it on other cars before, not S3s and its really dark. Not sure of any other model changes though to be honest.

I've had a black S3 for a 24 hour test drive and think it looks ace but I've got a black a3 2.0tdi s line at the mo and wanted a change. Was going to go for white but bottled it in the end, though they look awsome. Sprint blue looks great too, but I think it looks a bit dull in certain light. Also apart from the odd silver one, everyone seems to be getting Black or Sprint blue. So wanted to be a bit different as no one else seems to have it in this colour.(no offence intended anyone)

As for the GSM prep, I'm looking at some on ebay that seem a bit cheaper than factory fit so will see if it can be done at the same time as the sat nav. Will probably have a word with Craig ( i think its him anyway about it)

Dom

I remember them telling me this a while ago before i ordered my car as my old A3 was moro - they showed me it on another car A4 i think and it isn't as nice as moro in my opinion, it has less pearl effect blue in it and is much darker and closer to black (even though moro is very dark in the sunlight it used to really brighten up) deep sea blue stays much darker all the.... but if you want a change from black im not sure on this as an option as this is about as close to black you can get without actually being black! Sprint dull can be described as a lot of things but dull certainly is not one of them - i would attribute that more to deep sea blue!

I nearly bought a new TT in deep sea blue and I think it's a great colour. Very dark in flat light, but fantatsic when the sun hits it.
Personally I'm not a fan of the darker colours on the S3 thugh, fine if you want complete stealth, but doesn't differentiate the car from an S-Line enough in my opinion.
If i'd of had the balls I'd of gone white, but I bottled it and went for sprint blue, it's supposedely an 'S' only colour (though you can get it on an s-line special edition at the mo). My other option was silver, but having had a silver car before I fancied a change.
There do seem to be a lot of people going for the silver, black and sprint blue colours, though the only other colours I've seen on the road are black and silver - not another sprint blue (yet!) so still feels quite exclusive!!!

Ultimately, get what you want, not what's rarest!!!

Dom, you might not have to wait as long as you think. I ordered exactly two months ago and its at the dealers today, picking up mon/tue. You'll probably have it at the start of August with a bit of luck

Enjoy mate !

So much for the 12 weeks then??? Hopefully it might be sooner!

I thought that dealers were restricted to what they could order on S3s?

Dom, how much can you save by having it retro fitted?

I would seriously recommend having it factory fitted mate, unless the difference is £100's

DomS3 said:
So much for the 12 weeks then??? Hopefully it might be sooner!

I thought that dealers were restricted to what they could order on S3s?

If it's late July/August time, wouldn't you want to wait for September and a 57 plate?

a3norwich said:
If it's late July/August time, wouldn't you want to wait for September and a 57 plate?

That's a really good point!
Would be worth £500-750 come trade in time.
I was told mine would be ready mid-feb and they advised me to wait for that reason!
I would if I were you

jamiekip said:
There do seem to be a lot of people going for the silver, black and sprint blue colours, though the only other colours I've seen on the road are black and silver - not another sprint blue (yet!) so still feels quite exclusive!!!

Careful you don't come to North Bristol, else you might find yourself boxed in by the two of us on here who have Sprint Blue S3's!!! :w00t:

Ha ha, funny thing is i'll be over that way with work in the next few weeks!

goog job, u will see that the s3 is the best chois!
take care of it and drive it safe!