S3 Broke Already

markwiggy

Third Gear
Reaction score
Just got the car out drove up the road and the engine management light came on , Not Happy :wtf:

International rescue ( Audi Assist) are on there way, anyone else had any probs.

Will keep you posted

Mark

how many miles on yours, mate?

Mine has 4000 miles no problems... fingers crossed...

Pedro
P.S.: might be just a faulty sensor but I'm sure you're not impressed...

newbiecrg said:
how many miles on yours, mate?

Mine has 4000 miles no problems... fingers crossed...

3900 miles on mine.

Audi assist arrived at my home 40 minutes after me ringing, plugged in the Vag com and diagnosed the fault.
Fuel trim bank 2 malfunction
Lambda sensor fault also logged

Apppears like a fuel pressure sensor is at fault or the fuel pressure ??? which in turn would alter the air/fuel ratio logging the lambda fault. Technician said mine is only the second S3 he has been too, and they appear to be pretty much bombproof.

Any way car going into Chester Audi at my choice and on the recommendation of the Audi assist technician as the other local ones are all pants. Will speak to one of the master technicians (as they are called) in the morning to find out how quick it can be fixed and Audi assist have arranged a replacement car to be delivered for me.

Must say, excellent service recieved from these Audi assist folk from the people taking the calls to the technicians. Fabulous, could not fault them.

Mark

And I bet you would be panicking if you had had it remapped...

hope mine doesn't develop that... but we never know... it is not nice, specially on a new £30k car!

Never mind, worse things in life...
Pedro

normski said:

I agree, as I would be

I haven't got an S3 but keep thinking about my TDi 170 remapped, sound in the knowledge that audi engines do not go wrong.:wacko: If my car did have a glitch, like markwiggy and had a remp I'd be concerned about possible fun and games regarding the warranty issue.

Markwiggy, good to hear you've been treated well by Audi assist (good to know) and hope you get it sorted soon mate!!:icon_thumright:

No probs here. Fingers crossed!!

Regards, John.

Those nice folk at Audi assist have given me a A4 Convertable to play with while they trace the problem.

Nice weather for it !!

Mark

normski said:

Audi dealer did the remap on mine - so I wouldnt be too worried. The manual clearly states that only approved moddifications should be carried out - now clearly as the experts in the field an Audi dealer wouldnt do anything unauthorised now would they..........;)

Sorry to hear this mate

Mines been perfect so far, however a guy over on TSN had a similar prob, took them weeks to sort it out might be worth a look at his thread

Dealer rang this morning to inform me they have traced the fault and parts are on order. New lambda sensor and air flow meter should hopefully be sorted tomorrow.Sounds expensive good job its under warranty. Fingers crossed anyway that this sorts it out.

Mark

Mine experienced this too at about 4000 miles about 2 months ago. They had to get Audi technical in Germany involved due to the amount of errors showing. It was the Oxygen sensor in the end but it was off the road for a week.

Had good service during the issue but a little worrying and made me realise I was glad I haden't yet remaped the car.

A4

I have been told and also under the impression/illusion/dream world that a proper re-map such as a star Chip etc is undetectable to Audi even on their diagnostic equipment?

Am I wrong or are we all just being over cautious/sensible???

I know for a fact that my GIAC remap is undetectable. The checksum is reset and the ECU flash count is still zero. I went to my local dealer and (ex employer) and had them do a full diagnostic check. They were unable to tell. If they read the software version it is identical to the factory one and can even be overwritten by the dealer.

<Rich just dreaming...>

Do you think one day all VAG forums will have a big flashing banner saying If they look, they will find...?

Shao_khan said:
Audi dealer did the remap on mine - so I wouldnt be too worried. The manual clearly states that only approved moddifications should be carried out - now clearly as the experts in the field an Audi dealer wouldnt do anything unauthorised now would they..........;)

Which dodgy dealer did that?

Shao_khan said:
Milton Keynes Audi

I would be very surprised if you don't get warranty problems if you have problems later because of it, as the remap done by MK is not an official Audi remap, because one does not exist AFAIK.

And therein lies the problem.

According to Audi UK, a franchised main dealer will only carry out works to a car that are approved modifications and the dealership has the experience to know this fact.

SO as I understand the legal aspects, because the dealership carried out the work then even if it may not be approved by Audi, they by their very expertise in the product they sell providing an implied (in law) warranty to the same level you would normally have.

How the dealership choses to honour this warrenty in the future is another matter.

So who's remap have the dealer put on and if you don't mind me asking how much £££ for what BHP?

They are using Superchips because cars go straight from VW HQ in MK to Superchips in Buckingham along with source code - so they apparently feel this gives superchips an edge with current VAG group cars.

Cost - very little as they owe me big time for appaulign after sales service on my A2.

I'm hoping to get the car dynod in a couple of weeks before it gets exhaust done so we get before and after plots with exhaust.

normski said:
I would be very surprised if you don't get warranty problems if you have problems later because of it, as the remap done by MK is not an official Audi remap, because one does not exist AFAIK.

Well as they are **** at sorting out in warranty problems, sorting out none won't be too much of a problem will it, look at the end of the day its a risk. I edged my bets by getting one I can add and remove when I like.

Chester Audi have fixed the car, very fast and efficient . Turned out to be just the lambda (oxygen) sensor it didn't need the airflow meter. Anyway all appears to be ok,technician stated it had passed 5 different emmisions tests, probably all at different revs.

Thanks for your support guys

Mark

PS. Although already decided im getting rid next Jan :happy:

My engine light came on the other week took it to Awesome and it was the MAF sensor that had gone but it's all fixed now. Must admit I was gutted when it went in to safe mode it was sooooo slow lol.

not 100% yet, but most likely RS4 or M3...

i do love my S3, just fancy a saloon and abit more power...