Annoying rattle/squeak

hardcore Hallam

Reaction score
I've had my S3 for just over a week now and I love it. The only problem I have, is a rattle/squeak coming from the top of the driver's window, when the window is fully closed. Has anyone else encountered this? I've tried WD40. I really don't want to have to take it back to the dealers, and have the window stripped out, but it's really starting to annoy me.

PS
Bluefin arrived today, all I can say is, WOW! If you're tempted with one, just beg, borrow or steal the money! You'll love it, especially if you've got use to the standard power of the S3.

It's a common thing on the A3. It is due to the door not being aligned correctly and the frame of the window being too tight against the body of the car. Mine had exactly the same problem.

And the way they fixed it.........

Under warranty........

By the Audi dealer..........

Roll windows down and use brute force to 'bend' the door frame slightly away from body, thus releasing said excess pressure.

I was horrified to see them doing it to my car, but have to say it worked ,and the squeak has never returned.

Audi fixed mine by replacing the seals on both doors about 6 months or more, Sqeak not returned yet.

gtijames,

Don't tell him that! I'm all set for meeting him at the weekend and bendin his door out! Even dusted down my hammer! LOL

Nothing the 'universal adjusting tool' can't sort out. After i finished it won't be worried about the rattle, just the fact that the rain gets in through the 2" gap at the top of the door.

Hardcore, only jokin son, not jealous that you bought my car from under my nose. :no: :slap: :icon_thumright: :friends:

Thanks guys (except you Eagle) :happy: I've just ordered a can. Fingers crossed.