New car finish

dipstic

Reaction score
Possibly asked before I am getting an S3 but colour seems to be an issue,sprint blue seems to be fav but I have seen three at various dealers and allowing for the weather variations all three have looked totally different from downright dull (like my fiat with shot paint) to nice and shiny,I have at present a misano red s line so I know the effect light can have on the paint finish.
Is this difference due to prep on Audi,s part or lack of
Is the Audi autogleam option worth having as I look after the paintwork anyway
Would all you sprint blue owners like to comment on your cars paint appearence clean,dirty etc.

Hello,

My car arrived with the paint looking perfect to be honest, close inspection revealed no swirls, just a tiny scuff from transit (on the front splitter) and a defect around the rear light cluster. Audi paid for Paul Dalton of Miracle detail (you may have seen him on fifth gear) to come and inspect the paint and he advised what needed to be done. Audi then sorted out the repair and I have to say it's perfect (well done Parklands Audi - Gloucester).

Before my car arrived I had a chat with Rich at polished bliss (look in the detailing area on this site to get in touch with them). He gave me lots of advice and amongst other bits and pieces he advised getting the JEFF's acrylic kit for the sprint blue.
So, for £46 you get the full kit, Prime Acrylic, Trigger, Gloss apllication pad and buffing towels - it's a bargain, gives a great deep wet shine, brings the flake to life and last for about 3 months. Dirt just sits an top and the bulk of it can simply be jetted away to stay on top of it.
Put simply, I love the colour and I think if you look after it from the start it should stay in tip top condition.

I will say that it is one of those colours that changes lots in the light. in flat/dull light it's comes across as slightly darker than royal blue, in fair light it looks royal blue and when the light hits it it comes alive!

They are introducing deep sea blue (only a TT colour at the mo) to 2008 spec cars. That's a nice colour on the TT would like to see it on an S3 - could be different????

hope this helps,

JK

Instead of getting the Autogleam I would pay for a professional detailer to prep the car for you as JK said.

dipstic

You have answered yor own question really, its all down to light conditions and weather not Audi finish.

A car will always look more shiny and glossy in the sunlight even if moderately dirty, in dull conditions the paintwork will look dull too.

Yes sprint blue is a nice colour but everyone is getting this colour and I would tend to go for a colour not to be seen on every S3 on the road, thats what I did!

Many thanks for the replies and yes I think I have answered my own question.
Just cant seem to convince myself to go for sprint blue,but not impressed with the alternative colours.

TDI Line has just done a excellent post with comparison pics which you would really benefit from looking at!

Many thanks for the info and I know I am mad but I have looked at two different yellow ones first one had privacy glass and a sunroof same as in mentioned thread and looked great,the second without privacy glass or sunroof and just looked like a yellow car.
Am I mad enough or brave enough to order a yellow one as I would only keep it a couple of years max and I know all about buying what you want and not thinking about resale but

I really thought about buying an orange S3, but have thought about the unwanted attention these could get, good and bad.

So i've decided on choosing sprint blue, previous cars have been a silver golf Gt and a black R32, which are both quite subtle. But we'll have to wait and see, maybe an exclusive colour.....

If you like it mate go for it, its you thats spending your money and no-on else so you only have yourself to please, why buy a black one for example and secretly wish you had got the yellow one?

It would certainly stand out over the norm!

Does it look good on the silver then mate?

Any chance of a pic as I might get mine done from B pilar back?

I saw a sprint blue S3 on a sunny day a while ago and it looked amazing, really slick but black takes it to a different level IMO, it's the one for me. Alloys really stand out on a black car too, along with the mirrors and grille of the S3. Sorted !!

Real devil to keep clean though. I had a black CTR and that was ok but the phantom black is a lot harder

Agree with staz1000.. Phantom Black is a total mission to keep clean :(

But when it's clean.. it does deffo look the dogs danglies :cool: .

-Sal-

JamS3 said:
Does it look good on the silver then mate?

Any chance of a pic as I might get mine done from B pilar back?

I've gotta say mate, it looks excellent. I was a bitwary of it looking to chav, or of the step from green tint to black being daft, but literally everyone I know's first comment is how good the tints look (and how dark they are).

Will endeavour to get something up in the next 24 hrs, maybe even tonight.

And it has persuaded me not to get the LED's now. I love the back of the car...

Not brilliant pictures of the tints, as it is very sunny, and they look better when it is dull, on photos at least.

[URL="http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb140/normanstephens/DSCF0023ps.jpg"][URL="http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb140/normanstephens/DSCF0023ps.jpg"][/URL][/URL]

[URL="http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb140/normanstephens/DSCF0027ps.jpg"][/URL]

DSCF00281ps.jpg

The last one was taken a few days ago, my old Passat is to the left, waiting for its lucky new owner to collect...

Normski, your pics are great, lovely backdrop until i got to the last one lol.

But aside from the skip blemish, car and tints look great.

The pics of the rear taken in the sun don't show the back window very well, hence the crap photo to go with the good ones...posted a couple of others on the Picture sticky thread...

Just to say ordered Sprint blue now the wait begins

You won't regret it...

I love mine more every day.

went and looked at a demo today in Sprint blue with the thought of perhaps buying it if the price was right but as Im only after a fairly low spec one there was not enough difference between that and a new one and I get exactly what I want so wait it is (late August so that will mean September 57 reg)

Good choice mate - welcome to the club. Sprint Blue IS THE BEST colour IMO

But I would say that :)