Type pressure monitor

TDI-line

Uber Post Whore
Reaction score
Anyone got this option, i know it's only £45, and was wondering if there are complications with sensors in the tyres etc.

Thanks,

TDI/

I have this option on my Sportback.

There are no sensors or anything in the tyres. The system works using the ABS sensors to compare the speed and therefore the rolling cicumference of the wheels. If the rolling circumference of one of the wheels changes, then the warning system is activated.

h5djr said:
I have this option on my Sportback.

There are no sensors or anything in the tyres. The system works using the ABS sensors to compare the speed and therefore the rolling cicumference of the wheels. If the rolling circumference of one of the wheels changes, then the warning system is activated.

Do you know what pressure drop is needed to make the system activate. Just wondering if its sensitive enough to detetc a 3-4 psi drop or whether it needs a big drop to make it work.

Just curious.:think:

No, the is no indication in the Owner's Manual. Perhaps I will have to try it, gradually letting air out of one of the tyres and taking the car down the road to see at what point it gives a warning.

Interesting post. Does anyone know if this facility can be retrofitted to a 2006 A3 2.0L TDI vehicle? Price? It looks to be mostly software, since there are no tyre sensors to fit. Thanks in advance.:cool:

I'd be interested in considering a retro fit if it was cheap enough.
What would be required????

its not very good to be honest - mum has it on her SEAT altea (exact same system) and it doesn't detect a pressure change of about 5psi. The systems which have sensors in the wheels are far more accurate. Personally if its free great but not worth paying ANY amount of money for - by the time it registers pressure loss it would be enough to visually see that the tyre has lost pressure.

Would be interesting for h5djr to try this on his car and see how accurate it is!

I have it fitted to my A3 and Im not very impresed with it. On one occasion I noticed the car was pulling due to slightly flat tyre but the indicator never warned me about it.. On another occasion I had my tyres at 42psi, due to heavy load, but when I took them back to there usual pressure it never picked it up either. Maybe faulty on mine wont be the 1st thing!!!!

Diadem said:
but when I took them back to there usual pressure it never picked it up either. Maybe faulty on mine wont be the 1st thing!!!!

Well it wouldn't unless they were different pressures surely?

Would possibly be interested in a retro-fit.. but again only if it is worth the extra $$$ and integrates as the OEM would.

-Sal-

Mine worked really well after I adjusted the pressure when the car was new. I only changed the front wheels by +2psi each and the warning came on about 1-1.5miles away.

I have it and it works well.

Came on a couple of weeks ago and one tyre was down about 2psi.

staz1000 said:
Well it wouldn't unless they were different pressures surely?

When you change the pressures on the tyres you are have to reset the system to tell the car you did it.

I never reset it to see if it worked but it didnt.

Well I ordered the parts so will be attempting this retro-fit next week.
Pars for this are really cheap so got to be worth a go.
I 'll let you know how I get on. :confused:

marms said:
Well I ordered the parts so will be attempting this retro-fit next week.
Pars for this are really cheap so got to be worth a go.
I 'll let you know how I get on. :confused:

Goodluck mate. Take plenty of pics! :)