Factory where A3's are made, take a look!

Fantastic find. :respekt:

Yey interested to see that the headlining goes in before the dashboard and windscreen.

Strange too that the A3 looks so naked without the bumpers, which is also interesting that the colour matching must be spot on for multiple batches of paint as the bumpers did not appear on the car until the very end and the ones on mine looks spot on.

Having looked around the factory at Ingolstadt and seen A3s being built, all the painted components for a particular car are sprayed at the same time, but then go off to different storage areas and then come together again for final assemby.

Computers control the supply of the correct parts and components to the production line for the guys to actually fit in the cars. As the lines produce cars of varying colour, models and for different markets, 3-doors and Sportbacks one after the other on the line is great to see all the different 'bits' coming together.

When I last visted Ingolstadt, my wife and I had booked a tour with a english-speaking guide. He was quite happy to spend all afternoon with us just walking around and explaining everthing. What is normally a 2 hour tour ended up being nearly 4 hours.

The plant in Brussels made some A3s between autumn 2004 and the end of 2005 and now they will produces around 30,000 cars a year. Towards the end of 2009 they will start production of the new A1 which will be built exclusively at Brussels.

Nice. What's so special about it being built in Brussels (not meant in an insulting tone)?

Didn't post it because it was being built in brussels. Just thought it was interesting for some on how our A3's were being made!

h5djr said:
Towards the end of 2009 they will start production of the new A1 which will be built exclusively at Brussels.

Just thought there was something special about ^

Nothing exclusive about Brussels. Just means the A1 will not be built at any other Audi plant.