A-pillar trim removal

steve184

Reaction score
Anybody have experience of removing this, ie the fabric panel which goes from the corner of the windscreen to the top of the front doors?

Is it easy to do - or is a take it into audi job? I've got a 'bass' rattle behind there and i wanna see if its sommat i can fix cos at least i wont ruin something else trying to fix it like audi will.

cheers

they just pop off

there are two clips down the main length before you get to the tweeter grill - very easy to remove but just be carefull with the clips

have a screw driver ready for when you pull it back you can press the clip free!

well they seem pretty tightly fixed on on mine dont seem to want to budge - and also it seems as if they go lower than te line of the dashboard but i dont know how far - could just be 2mm or something.

What kind of clips is it held on by and why do you have to be careful - do they break easily or something?

did you peel back the rubber trim which goes between the door and car frame?

once you do that you can bend back the side of the pillar trim to see the clips

have you taken these off yourself then????

yes mate - i dont see how you are having such bother :S

Hi guys. Rather than use a screwdriver to lift off a piece of trim, try using the blade of a paint scraper (about 1 inch or so wide). This distributes the pressure over a larger area and won't leave a depression on the plastic or other surface. By all means have a small screwdriver ready to press on specific bits of the clips if needed. Just an idea. :yes:

bother - just cos i'm worried about pulling a £27k car to bits thats all! but i suppose its no different than pulling an old car to bits which i have done before

a mechanic would care lol at least you will do it carefully

well yeh but i just wanted to get as much info first before jumping in with my size nines and ruining the trim - i suppose not the end of the world if i do tho right? Can't be that expensive to buy a new one? £40 maybe?

Steve,

I think you're being over cautious. You really can't do any harm removing this bit of trim. Just follow the advice given above and take your time.

The trim is actually quite flexible and unless you are stupidly heavy handed you will not have any problems. Use a wide spatula to gently ease the edge of the trim and then use a small screwdriver to pop the clips.