Chris NottBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

Gsm prep cradle removal

Hi all,
    Ive got the GSM prep BUT i'm using the bluetooth and don't need the big daft cradle holder seen here http://www.rossmccreight.plus.com/Image023.jpg.
    So has anyone removed it?
    I'm worried about the possible hole/mark on the dash???
    A4 Avant 2.0tfsi S-Line Quattro 2010, Misano Red, thinking about bluefin when i have the cash

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Yeah it looks stupid, I have it too. If you remove it there will be a hole left in the dash where the wire come through. I wouldn't mind it so much if I could get a phone holder for my phone but all the holders are for really old phones, most of which arent available now if you did want to use one.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I know what you mean - phone holder is damn ugly.

Picked up my new a3 on Monday, using bluetooth all the time - which works a treat. Cradle is pointless and at the moment only thing i hate on the whole car.

6th Gear

Status
    I take the car was "new" to you but not brand new?

If it was brand new then why on earth didn't you spec the cradle in the armrest?

EDIT: Ahh, just seen that you went with one in stock rather than waiting for a custom build. Frankly I'd have waited just to get rid of the cradle mount on the dash!
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

Controversial & Contradictive

Status
    There are companies that can do a repair for you to cover the holes. They say they can match the colour exactly and it can't be seen after, but I haven't tried any of them.
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

5th Gear

Status
    Does anyone have a pic of the phone holder mounted in the front centre armrest? Cheers

6th Gear

Status
    I have this too and it is pretty ugly without the correct handset holder which is unavailable for my phone too.

The blue tooth though drives me nuts as it keeps switching itself off and on accompanied by the annoying beep, does anyone else have this problem or better still a solution ?
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin140
    I have this too and it is pretty ugly without the correct handset holder which is unavailable for my phone too.

The blue tooth though drives me nuts as it keeps switching itself off and on accompanied by the annoying beep, does anyone else have this problem or better still a solution ?

I have this problem with my SE K800i. Its caused by one of the numbers in my recent recieved/called list that it cant sync with properly. Clear all recent calls and it stops.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Does anyone have a pic of the phone holder mounted in the front centre armrest? Cheers
    GSM phone prep cradle

HTH
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

Neutral

Status
    My phone keeps disconnecting too (Nokia E50). I think it might be the Symbian OS. I'd like to try the removing recent call lists. Bluetooth Problems

But regarding the dash mount, Audi should make a universal holder.
    Last edited by Badley; 1st June 2007 at 20:26.
    Phantom Black Sportback 2.0 TDi 140 S-line.
    Options: Full Leather, Symphony, Bose and Bluetooth
    OEM-Mods:Ambient & Map Light

6th Gear

Status
    How are they supposed to make a universal holder when the connections for each model are different (largely anyway)?

They've got a good system with a standard mount and cradles for individual phones but the range of cradles is far too limited and they cost a bomb (£100)

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1
    How are they supposed to make a universal holder when the connections for each model are different (largely anyway)?

They should just make a cradle for the phone I have at the time. It would be much better that way.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1
    Cheers