EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

S3 remaps what figures do you get?

I know it's very difficult to define with a few numbers what a remap gives a car but I'm interested to learn what people think is the effect is over the standard car?
    So.....how do you think it lines up vs standard on 0-60,50-70, 1/4mile,Top speed, etc?
    S3 Sprint Blue - Auto lights & wipers,Rear parking sensors and Sunroof. Revo remap. Pioneer +JL + Focal ICE upgrade.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Was flicking through a magazine in WHSmiths earlier today - Audi TT 20TFSI with a MTM remap was tested and had a 5.1s on 0-60. It was also mentioning a 170mph top speed so I guess they disabled the limiter. There was quite a good write up but I didnt get time to read it all.

Sorry but I cant remember the mag - "Tuning" something.

1st Gear

Status
    Now that I've had a 3 weeks and done nearly 2000 miles I'm back thinking about a remap.
    has anyone had their S3 done lately if so which remap did you go for, what did it cost and what were your reasons for going with that particular option.

For anyone that has had their remap a few month now is there any feedback you can give me on the overall impression of how it improves the drive?

Thanks
    S3 Sprint Blue - Auto lights & wipers,Rear parking sensors and Sunroof. Revo remap. Pioneer +JL + Focal ICE upgrade.

Neutral

Status
    been playin around with some stuff ... we've managed to get 270whp ( 202kw ) and 385 nm toqrue.

will keep you posted - had a problem with my throttle control valve - which should be sorted later this week.

1st Gear

Status
    Bluefin claims:

Original bhp : 261
    Original nm : 350
    BHP increase : 42
    NM gain : 47
    Lb/Ft gain : 35

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoPanda
    Bluefin claims:

Those figures are available on each manufacturers site...what he asked for was 0-60's etc.
    Silver 2007 S3

1st Gear

Status
    ******** my mistake, sorry. I didn't read the initial post properly. Sorry

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoPanda
    Bluefin claims:

I think you can do a 30 day money back trial with the bluefin. I'm kind of tempted....

Will be following this thread with interest.

Regards, John.

987C

Status
    I used a racelogic GPS VBOX to measure my 0 - 100mph time at around 12.8 seconds. Evo tested the standard car at 13.6.
    0 - 60 is very difficult to measure, as it's been pissing down with rain recently and you defo need the ESP off!

To me, top speed is irrelevant.

That's with 313PS, 425Nm
    Last edited by CJP80; 25th June 2007 at 16:37.
    2008 987C Porsche Cayman S (299 RWHP)
    2007 987 Porsche Boxster S (295 RWHP)
    2007 Audi S3 (330PS)
    2005 Seat Leon FR TDI (195PS)
    2005 Skoda Fabia vRS (175PS)

1st Gear

Status
    Interesting...I really need someone to sell me on this idea
    I had my BMW done and never looked back but the S3 is much faster already and I sort of think perhaps I should just be satisfied with what I have!
    On the other hand I like the idea of getting a few tenths over the boxter s,new 350z and WRX's

Neutral

Status
    must be enough interest on here to get a group buy count me in

1st Gear

Status
    Just got off the phone with a guy who does the revo remap and I'm going over tomorrow night to get the free 5 hour trial loaded up.
    To me that's a great test to see if it's worth it and the best thing is it's 5 hours ignition on time so it's not like you only have a few hours in the day or night to test in then it's back to normal the next day.
    I guess figures are one way of seeing on paper if it's worth it but the best way is to just drive it!

Anyone interested in going in on a group buy put your name down in here and I'll ask him the question tomorrow on best prices

Neutral

Status
    can you find out as well please if these maps are visable to the main dealers/ insurance companys it could affect warranty and also i would need to amend insurance policey. thanks

6th Gear

Status
    I like the superchips bluefin gismo, which removes the map in case you have to go back to the dealers. I'd like to know if the dealer can see evidence of the remap with the diagnostic gear in the workshops.

I'd be interested in a group buy, but Bristol isn't exactly on my doorstep.

Regards, John.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS3
    I like the superchips bluefin gismo, which removes the map in case you have to go back to the dealers. I'd like to know if the dealer can see evidence of the remap with the diagnostic gear in the workshops.

I'd be interested in a group buy, but Bristol isn't exactly on my doorstep.

Regards, John.
    Unfortunately it looks like the Bluefin would be detectable at a dealer (even if you'd loaded your Standard map back on) because Bluefin doesn't stop the flash count from being increased each time the ECU is flashed.

I'm looking to remap soon and the only map that looks to be 'invisible' to the dealer is the GIAC flashloader.
    2009 Audi TT-S - Ice Silver - S-Tronic

987C

Status
    Guys,

Have a look here:

http://www.giacusa.com/images/giac_s3flash_nomods98ron.jpg

I spent hours and lots of rolling road time in obtaining these results.
    GIAC software is undetectable, switchable in seconds, even on the move and can also be overwritten by the dealer. The software is also encrypted so if you put your car into kill mode and someone puts it on the back of a lorry, they're not going to be driving the car without replacing the ECU. GIAC read the standard map, modify it and then put it back along with the original. Attaching the GIAC flashloader allows you to switch between the two in seconds.

I can categorically state that the checksum remains unchanged and the flash count remains at the same state it was prior to mapping. For example, if like me you've had your S3 a while, you'll have probably had the ECU software upgrade that came out for the car a few months after release. The flash count on your ECU will already be sitting at 1. If you opt for the GIAC map then that will not change. Neither will the filename for the map, which can only be read by Audi UK.

I've worked in an Audi dealership for many years. And I had the Master Tech check the car over and perform a full diagnostic. He found nothing. If I were to damage my car then I could simply connect the flashloader and change it back to standard within seconds, although I wouldnt need to as Ive declared the modification to my insurance company.
    2007 Audi S3 (330PS)

Neutral

Status
    Sounds interesting - is this a bit like Bluefin where you buy the dongle and the remap then upload yourself at home ?

Was half thinking about the bluefin if I was fancying a remap but this sounds much better.

987C

Status
    My software was uploaded via VAG-COM, but I think you'll need to go to a dealer. The flashloader does not contain any data relative to the map. It's merely a control interface and decrypter really.
    2007 Audi S3 (330PS)

Neutral

Status
    Ok, cheers. More worrying I just did some googling for GIAC/Audi etc and stumbled across this Zafira with 300bhp. Blimey, thats not good that a bus can be remapped and might be quicker than a S3 !!

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=74689
    http://www.showoffyourcar.com/galleries.asp?carid=1444

1st Gear

Status
    I was told last night by the guy at revo that the revo software reset the counter to zero eachtime?
    Don't forget eachtime the dealer does any sort of update,etc the couter will change,it doesn't tell them what the change made was for?

6th Gear

Status
    Flash delaer update for the S3??

Tell me more!

I've had mine since mid Jan this year and have not be recalled for a software update?
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.