Just had 1st Audi 'Variable' Service and ......

Jonesy3.2

Reaction score
according to the DIS I've got to take the car back in 9400 or 364 days!:wtf:

my cars' a 3.2 05 - over 18mths old & has covered 18500 before it required it's 1st service.

This can't be right can it? Have the audi technicians reset the comp to fixed service interval in error? - They've definately put in longlife oil. Anyone else had this problem?

As a side issue, I think £310 for dropping the oil & replacing filters is disgraceful. Audi couldn't even be ***** to wash it properly (quick going over with the jetwash) & the light grey carpets have several oily boot marks on both driver & passenger side. Nice!:crying:

You should have read the 'sticky' AVS Servicing thread before-hand. The car is not serviced by Audi but by one of their dealers who are independent companies that decide their own labour rates. You could get a 1st AVS service for a lot less that £310.

If there are marks on the carpet that were not there before the service, go back to the dealer and complain. My car always comes back to me with a plastic seat cover on the drivers seat and brown paper covers over the carpets, even after it's been washed and vacuumed.

You may find it takes a while for the DIS display to settle down again.

My first service at Walton Audi was £154. Its normal for the next service to say about a year, it will alter as the car is driven the more long drives you do it will go up.

The AVS/DIS resets itself after a few days and it sets itself to your driving style, if you drive steady until it resets itself then you should see at least 18000 miles before your next service, if on the other hand you drive like a mad thing then you will need a service much sooner. That is what i was told when i had my first AVS/DIS so i drove steady and my next service is due in 18000 miles.:icon_thumright:

The 1st AVS service does include more than just changing the oil...

check all the lights, front and rear
read the fauly memory for any problems
check the windscreen washer and wiper system
check all the tyres
check for oil leaks, check all protective bellows for wear
check all brake pads
check battery level
check brake fluid levels
renew the dust and pollen filter
road test the car

The total labour time allowed by Audi for the 8P A3 id 1.10hours. The main variable between dealers is their hourly labour rate and the amount they charge for the longlife oil.

h5djr said:
check the windscreen washer and wiper system

You mean "refill and charge for Audi windscreen fluid,even if bottle already full"

You mean "refill and charge for Audi windscreen fluid,even if bottle already full"

Your dealer may, but mine does not.

h5djr said:
Your dealer may, but mine does not.

Don't know if mine does or not,but it's a widely reported practice (rip-off) on here.

Just to add when i had my long life service, only 2 months ago, it says i 13500 miles left!!! and its meant to be a 20,000 service...but as i have read it depends on the driving style. I drive 10 miles to work and back, through the city, so a lot of gear changing and starting and stopping. I guess thats why the milage is already so low.

Edit; cost £250 beechwood audi, birmingham, uk

Dandle - how do you find Walton Audi?

I have just bought my car from them

jasaudi said:
Dandle - how do you find Walton Audi?

I have just bought my car from them

I had a few problems when I turned down my first car i ordered where they wouldnt match the new price(the special edition came out the same spec as mine was but £2k cheaper). I just cancelled it and reordered the car I have now. The customer service is good Jenny always says hi and asks how we are and is the car ok. I've had a couple of problems with the car and they have always sorted them for me without any hassle. The service was the cheapest I have seen anyone pay as well. I would deffinately buy my next Audi from them(If its a new one).

yes - this happened to me - ****** me right off - i purposefully filled my washer tabk up before i took it and they still drained it and put fresh in - what a rip off - i had a right go at them about it - apparently you need the aid of a crystal ball to tell them not to do it before you leave your car for a service.

Don't care what they do with my washer fluid as I ain't paying but I do tell them not to wash it and stick a large notice to this effect on the steering wheel!