CD ERROR

chanlon1

Reaction score
Website
www.babybmw.net
I have the Concert system in my S3, and over the last couple of days the CD has stopped playing, so I either jump to the next song, or previous song, or even back to the radio, then the CD is okay and starts playing again.

This morning, it did it again, and when I try to go the the next/previous track, nothing happens.
I can jump back to the Radio okay and hear it.

I tried ejecting the CD to see if there was a problem and the screen just says "CD ERROR" and doesn't eject it.....

Any ideas before a trip back to the dealer????

I've nothing to add other than to say hello Colin fancy meeting you here.;)

I get the 'CD error' a lot,but it tends to happen on scratched discs ( I don't look after them at all )
New discs,not a problem.
Mine doesn't refuse to eject them either.
That would be a right pain !

My A4 CD player used to act up something rotten if it was played for hours.
It was definitely a heat thing,coz giving it a rest would have it working fine again.
I'm sure the manual covers Audi's backside by stating this might happen.

I had Symphony 2 in my last A3 and managed to get through 3 sets before I got one that didn't have a fault of some kind, the first lost the radio, the second came up with CD error and then jumped around the tracks at random the third had a CD fail to eject.

I have same problem, just try to use scratch free disks and clean the head often - apart from that I cant think of any other quick fixes..