Best deals on S-Line A3 sportback TDi140

J

jamiekip

Hi everyone.

My Dad is looking to upgrade his car, he's got a couple of options he's looking at:
Golf GT TDi 140, or
Audi A3 s-line sportback TDi 140 (non quattro)

What sort of deals have people managed to get on these cars? My dad got a cr#p first deal just wondered how far he can safely push it?
Only options he'd go for are:
Armrest
Cruise
Parking sensors
Tyre pressure sensor
Maybe the roof rails too.

Apreciate your help.

JK

You should be able to get a 10% discount without too much bother. Go on drivethedeal.com and get a price for the car you want, then get the dealer to match it (don't expect an exact match, but it should be close). I got a 10% discount on my A3 140 TDi S-Line without any real negotiation, just told them the drivethedeal.com price, and they near enough matched it.

My dealer came within 60quid of drivethedeal..only downside is that I had 2 travel 45miles 2 get the car....

cjp2k said:
My dealer came within 60quid of drivethedeal..only downside is that I had 2 travel 45miles 2 get the car....
I think mine was similarly close (certainly less than £100 difference). Fortunately, my dealer was only a 2 mile drive from the house, or a 10 minute walk from work, so ideal :D

alanjonesbath said:
I think mine was similarly close (certainly less than £100 difference). Fortunately, my dealer was only a 2 mile drive from the house, or a 10 minute walk from work, so ideal :D

Lucky you, My local dealer is 2mins walk from work. However they just laughed when I asked about drive the deal.. "We dont work on list price, only on what you can afford a month"

So I rang round local dealers, got a positive message from Chris at Tyneside audi and took my custom there... Only thing is they are all part of the same group!!

My personal opinion is that stealer's are a bunch of hunts that live in the dark ages and think that they can command what ever they want, thats why I sing the praises of new car supermarkets (motorpoint et al) and just ringing around. A car is a commodity item just like a can of beans and you should buy on price, that way the stealer will have to make their money from service and by service I mean quality customer service, those that fail to offer this will fail

Thanks for this guys. went on drive the deal and got another £1k off the A3 and another £500 off the golf for my Dad. Enough for him to go back and haggle!!!

Appreciate your help.

JK