Volks AutosSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Cargo Storage Net

I know some of you must be thinking what the f*ck is he on about . But how easy/hard is to retro fit the cargo net whick goes on the side of the centre console? It seems to be a really conveneient place to store the manuals for the car etc. I know they dont look entirely attractive, but they are useful!! cheers

Kam

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Don't bother. I had this on my last car and, after putting a bottle of coke in there for half an hour, the net was all stretched and baggy and looked totally cack. I didn't use it again.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

1st Gear

Status
    I would agree with Vertigo, I had storage nets on mylast car and had a first aid kit in one and when I took that out it was all baggy and looked awful.

My advice would be pop the map down between the passenger seat and the centre console

Alternatively stick sat nav in the car then you don't need maps
    2007 A6 Allroad 3.2 FSI Quattro - Lava Grey, sports seats, silver Headlining, Acoustic parking, armrest, multi-function steering wheel, cruise control, Xenons, , Sat nav, GSM, Audi MMI

VAGOwners.co.uk

Status
    I think they just screw on to the centre console with a few self tappers, then you clip the cover for the plastic rim bit over the top to hide the screws. I've got one and find it useful for odd bits of paper etc that I want to keep handy on a trip, but as has been said above, I wouldn't put anything heavy in it that would stretch it out of shape.
    Audi A3 S-Line 2.0TDi DSG in Dolphin Grey - Click here for pics
    Leather Seats - Symphony III - Full Leather - Light/Rain Sensors - Cruise Control - Storage/Luggage Packs - Electric folding/auto diming mirrors - Parking Sensors - Armrest

Neutral

Status
    It was only really for the car user manual and the road angel manual etc. Anybody have part no's?

Here is the page from the Audi parts catalogue showing the Map Net as it calls it...

mapnet

As you will see the last 3 digits in the part number indicate the colour. It seems that at the factory they are attached with pop-rivets, but no doubt small self-tapping screws would work as well.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

1st Gear

Status
    Caution - they are probably fitted at the factory with a pop rivet and a retaining washer behind the plastic to stop it pulling through. I think that I would drop out the centre console and use pop rivets with washers behind if you want to go that route. The risk otherwise is that you use self tapping screws and they pull out. I would take the extra time and do it properly with pop rivets and washers behind.
    2007 A6 Allroad 3.2 FSI Quattro - Lava Grey, sports seats, silver Headlining, Acoustic parking, armrest, multi-function steering wheel, cruise control, Xenons, , Sat nav, GSM, Audi MMI

Just waiting for the green light

Status
    I wouldn't advise putting your road angel instruction manual on display, you may as well just put a sticker on your window saying guess what I've got in the glovebox........

I also had the cargo net option on my last A3 and found them useless.
    170 S.line manual

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jasaudi
    Caution - they are probably fitted at the factory with a pop rivet and a retaining washer behind the plastic to stop it pulling through. I think that I would drop out the centre console and use pop rivets with washers behind if you want to go that route. The risk otherwise is that you use self tapping screws and they pull out. I would take the extra time and do it properly with pop rivets and washers behind.
    i just bought one of these map nets and went to fit it when i thought the two covers in the consol would bhe mounting points, there not

how easy is it to to remove the centre consol to get in for the washers, whats involved exactly ?
    A3 3.2 Quattro S-line

Here are the pages from the Audi workshop manual showing how to remove and re-install the storage net to the centre console. It appears to be fixed using pop-rivets without any washers behind. The instruction say that it is not necessary to remove the centre console to remove or install the net.

remove and re-install storage net

I shall be away for 2 weeks from early tomorrow morning so if you do think you need any more of the instructions let me know this evening and I will see what I can do.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3