Pricerange on used S3 in UK

FreddieS3

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Can you tell me the pricerange on used 8P S3 in the UK?
Or even better, give my car a fair pricetag in the UK.
Its in mint condition, never machine washed...

-Ibiswhite
-Bucket seats
-Symphony stereo
-Bose
-Flattened steering wheel
-Light/rain sensor
-Front/back armrest

-7000 km

I ask because I have it for sale here in Sweden and I know the pricerange here, would be interesting to compare to the UK market.

Just found a car on the Audi site with 8000miles in Ibis white, bucket seats and similar spec for £28950. Seems quite cheap really as other colours seem to be more expensive.

Mark

Prawn said:
why you selling up so soon freddy?

I am in desperate need of a bigger car, my friend have a S4 -06 for sale that I really want. Brings tears in my eyes but thats a fact....:bye:

Markwiggy: We and almost the rest of the world are not the ones with the steering wheel on the wrong side, u are.. ;)

FreddieS3 said:
Markwiggy: We and almost the rest of the world are not the ones with the steering wheel on the wrong side, u are.. ;)

Have to be careful in these types of arguments as I seem to recall you guys had a change of heart and decided to swap over to driving on the 'wrong side' a great number of years ago...

...I do wonder what it must have been like for the change over day, "right then at 16:00 your on the left and at 16:01 your on the right"...

...bit of an **** if you happen to be on a dual carridgeway! :happy:

FreddieS3 said:

:salute: He He !!

Sorry your getting rid freddie, S4's a nice car though. Good Luck

Mark

markwiggy said:
Just found a car on the Audi site with 8000miles in Ibis white, bucket seats and similar spec for £28950. Seems quite cheap really as other colours seem to be more expensive.

Mark

I noticed that one too (if its the same one I'm thinking about) and thought it was fairly cheap for a new S3 too.

Its always the same the more "wild" the colours ie yellow, orange and white fetch lower trade in prices when sold hence they are cheaper to buy second hand.

The buyer is never told this at the dealers, its always "excellent colour choice sir, that will really stand out and look nice etc".

However when its time to sell the dealer gives very low trade in prices as the colour is not to everyones taste and they have to take a little gamble selling it as it my take a while for the right person to come along.

This happened on the 8L S3 on the used Audi site, the Imola Yellow and Absolute Red ones were always cheaper than equivalent models in other colours.

As for trade in prices on the new S3, I haven't seen one for below 28.5K and thats cheap as most that have been sold have been specced up and are around 30k and more. Don't forget they only became available since Jan and the dealers know they can charge literally full price for a nearly new/demo and people will buy it to avoid waiting for a build and to beat the waiting list.

stevec said:
Have to be careful in these types of arguments as I seem to recall you guys had a change of heart and decided to swap over to driving on the 'wrong side' a great number of years ago...

...I do wonder what it must have been like for the change over day, "right then at 16:00 your on the left and at 16:01 your on the right"...

...bit of an **** if you happen to be on a dual carridgeway! :happy:

Seems like I hit a touchy subject;)
Sweden changed into righthand traffic in 1967. All european countries have righthand traffic execept the UK, Malta, Cyprus and Ireland. (Don't u just love Wikipedia)

Hmmm...why is the price much higher in the UK? Is this general for all cars, both used and new ones?

Maybe the charge you extra because the have to convert the steering to the wrong side :)

i wouldn't touch it witha barge pole - been fiddled with (BSR remap 310bhp) not worth a bean to me

Apparently one of the junctions on the Central Motorway in Newcastle was designed by a woman for when We moved to driving on the other side.. needless to say its a rite pain in the a***!

steve184 said:
i wouldn't touch it witha barge pole - been fiddled with (BSR remap 310bhp) not worth a bean to me

Really? What happend? I have had three BSR cars, never no problem.

steve184 said:

Make that 3...:applaus: