Chris NottEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

Pricerange on used S3 in UK

Hi guys,

Can you tell me the pricerange on used 8P S3 in the UK?
    Or even better, give my car a fair pricetag in the UK.
    Its in mint condition, never machine washed...

-Ibiswhite
    -Bucket seats
    -Symphony stereo
    -Bose
    -Flattened steering wheel
    -Light/rain sensor
    -Front/back armrest

-7000 km

I ask because I have it for sale here in Sweden and I know the pricerange here, would be interesting to compare to the UK market.
    Audi S3 - 2007 (BSR remap 310 bhp) Team Ibis White

2. # ADS
    ADS

Third Gear

Status
    Just found a car on the Audi site with 8000miles in Ibis white, bucket seats and similar spec for £28950. Seems quite cheap really as other colours seem to be more expensive.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

Neutral

Status
    Cheap?! Thats very expensive, at least here in Sweden.
    See this link:

http://www.blocket.se/li?q=audi+s3&c...ms=&me=&gb=&fu

1 pound = 13,6 SEK

Anyone interested to buy my car for 26500?

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    why you selling up so soon freddy?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Third Gear

Status
    They do appear to be a bit cheaper over there, maybe because the steering wheel is on the wrong side. Most of the cars over here are around the 30k mark.

http://usedcars.audi.co.uk/Results.aspx

Mark
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn
    why you selling up so soon freddy?
    I am in desperate need of a bigger car, my friend have a S4 -06 for sale that I really want. Brings tears in my eyes but thats a fact....

Markwiggy: We and almost the rest of the world are not the ones with the steering wheel on the wrong side, u are..

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddieS3
    Markwiggy: We and almost the rest of the world are not the ones with the steering wheel on the wrong side, u are..
    Have to be careful in these types of arguments as I seem to recall you guys had a change of heart and decided to swap over to driving on the 'wrong side' a great number of years ago...

...I do wonder what it must have been like for the change over day, "right then at 16:00 your on the left and at 16:01 your on the right"...

...bit of an arse if you happen to be on a dual carridgeway!
    12- A1 1.6TDI Sport Sportback Misano Red/Black, Black/Grey Tornado, Xenons, Tech Pack, Mobile Prep High, Bose, Rear Park, Cruise, Dim Mirror, Climate, LED Lights, Armrest
    07-12 S3 Sprint Blue, Leather & Buckets, Flat MFSW, Armrest & Phone Prep, Rear Park, Dim & Fold Mirror, Tyre Warn, Sunband, Interior Light, Cruise, Hill hold, Auto Light & Rain, Bose, Sat Nav+, iPod
    01-07 S3 Dolphin Grey, Blue/Black Alcantara, Bose, Armrest, CD, Cruise, Ali Mirrors, Heated Seats
    00-01 A3 1.8TQ Sport Red, Bose

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddieS3
    He He !!

Sorry your getting rid freddie, S4's a nice car though. Good Luck

Mark

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by markwiggy
    Just found a car on the Audi site with 8000miles in Ibis white, bucket seats and similar spec for 28950. Seems quite cheap really as other colours seem to be more expensive.

Mark
    I noticed that one too (if its the same one I'm thinking about) and thought it was fairly cheap for a new S3 too.

Its always the same the more "wild" the colours ie yellow, orange and white fetch lower trade in prices when sold hence they are cheaper to buy second hand.

The buyer is never told this at the dealers, its always "excellent colour choice sir, that will really stand out and look nice etc".

However when its time to sell the dealer gives very low trade in prices as the colour is not to everyones taste and they have to take a little gamble selling it as it my take a while for the right person to come along.

This happened on the 8L S3 on the used Audi site, the Imola Yellow and Absolute Red ones were always cheaper than equivalent models in other colours.

As for trade in prices on the new S3, I haven't seen one for below 28.5K and thats cheap as most that have been sold have been specced up and are around 30k and more. Don't forget they only became available since Jan and the dealers know they can charge literally full price for a nearly new/demo and people will buy it to avoid waiting for a build and to beat the waiting list.
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stevec
    Have to be careful in these types of arguments as I seem to recall you guys had a change of heart and decided to swap over to driving on the 'wrong side' a great number of years ago...

...I do wonder what it must have been like for the change over day, "right then at 16:00 your on the left and at 16:01 your on the right"...

...bit of an arse if you happen to be on a dual carridgeway!
    Seems like I hit a touchy subject
    Sweden changed into righthand traffic in 1967. All european countries have righthand traffic execept the UK, Malta, Cyprus and Ireland. (Don't u just love Wikipedia)

Hmmm...why is the price much higher in the UK? Is this general for all cars, both used and new ones?

Maybe the charge you extra because the have to convert the steering to the wrong side

5th Gear

Status
    i wouldn't touch it witha barge pole - been fiddled with (BSR remap 310bhp) not worth a bean to me

1st Gear

Status
    Apparently one of the junctions on the Central Motorway in Newcastle was designed by a woman for when We moved to driving on the other side.. needless to say its a rite pain in the a***!
    Gone - A3 2.0 TDI (140) Sportback Sport

Now - BMW f10 520d

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by steve184
    i wouldn't touch it witha barge pole - been fiddled with (BSR remap 310bhp) not worth a bean to me
    Really? What happend? I have had three BSR cars, never no problem.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by steve184
    Make that 3...
    Silver 2007 S3