Chris NottVolks Autos
    2nd Gear

Status

And Along Came Scrubbing...

Right,

Just put 15mm spacers on the back of my S-Line and the back wheels scrub if i go at a normal pace over speed bumps or like i found out last night if I have 2 mates in the back and turn into another road that is slightly bumpy. Gutted.

Whats the solution guys? Without going too mad money wise so and an idea of cost would be nice.

(I knew some people had problems with the S3 in this field but i thought that was because the S3 was lower than the S-Line set-up?)

Paul
    2008 S3 in Ibis White

291BHP! STANDARD on 95ron Fuel. Get In.
    All Hail Mitch78

2. # ADS
    ADS

Boydie
    obviously the spacers are too big

do you have standard wheels on the car? what profile of tyre do you have on?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie
    obviously the spacers are too big

do you have standard wheels on the car? what profile of tyre do you have on?
    I have the audi 18" 20 Spoke wheels on there, they are 225/ 40/ R18's.

I was thinking more that the suspesion is too soft and has too much travel?
    2008 S3 in Ibis White

291BHP! STANDARD on 95ron Fuel. Get In.
    All Hail Mitch78

1st Gear

Status
    It is relatively simple, you have a choice depending on what you value more.

1. Harden rear suspension so that if you have 2 mates in the back the suspension travel is less. However if you do this the back will most likely be as hard as a rock when you don't have 2 mates in the back and this will effect handling.

2. Leave suspension alone and go for smaller spacers as suggested.

3. Take the spacers out all together and flog them on ebay

I would suggest 2 or 3
    2007 A6 Allroad 3.2 FSI Quattro - Lava Grey, sports seats, silver Headlining, Acoustic parking, armrest, multi-function steering wheel, cruise control, Xenons, , Sat nav, GSM, Audi MMI

1st Gear

Status
    Whats the solution guys? Without going too mad money wise so and an idea of cost would be nice.

You should go on a diet

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jasaudi
    It is relatively simple, you have a choice depending on what you value more.

1. Harden rear suspension so that if you have 2 mates in the back the suspension travel is less. However if you do this the back will most likely be as hard as a rock when you don't have 2 mates in the back and this will effect handling.

2. Leave suspension alone and go for smaller spacers as suggested.

3. Take the spacers out all together and flog them on ebay

I would suggest 2 or 3
    4. Get thinner mates
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

1st Gear

Status
    Alternatively on the same theme

5. Only allow thin good looking girls in the car

But that may end up costing you an awful lot more than new springs etc
    2007 A6 Allroad 3.2 FSI Quattro - Lava Grey, sports seats, silver Headlining, Acoustic parking, armrest, multi-function steering wheel, cruise control, Xenons, , Sat nav, GSM, Audi MMI

A3 2.0 TDi IMOLA YELLOW

Status
    What offset are the standard Audi 18's? ET 54?

Just put a set of H&R 15mm spacers on the back of mine over the weekend. Running 235/40/R18 tires on 18" wheels (ET 50) with an Eibach Pro Kit. There is about 35mm between the flat across the back tyre and the top of the wheel arch. Not experienced any rubbing yet even over very bumpy roads but was not carrying any passangers.
    A3 2.0TDi SLINE..IMOLA YELLOW..LEATHER/ALCANTARA INTERIOR..18" ATP INOX ALLOYS..K&N PANEL FILTER..15mm H&R WHEEL SPACERS (rear).

6th Gear

Status
    As with mine no rubbing either but Klauster on this forum also with a new S3 had rubbing issues....strange???
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.