Coming back to Audi

Price looks OK but I am sure you could negotiate a decent discount anyway, it does appear cheaper than it would in a dealer.
I think the main difference between the standard S-Line and the special edition is full leather and the S-Line body kit plus the other S-line extras.The SE was introduced October - November 2005 as it was introduced a month or two after I specced the body kit as an extra on my 20TQ S-Line for 900 quid. (Typical Audi)

Mark

Great car, and the Dreamscience remap turned it in to a fantastic car to drive.
But, the fuel economy is dreaful, 16 mpg, and the tyres have lasted 5000 miles. I would love to keep it, but, its just too expensive to run.

16mpg - JESUS! Do you drive with diving boots are is this normal? What was it putting out>

I realise that this photo is terrible, but is anyone able to tell me what stereo is fitted to it? I would be looking at upgrading it to the Satnav if possible.

media.jpg

Whats the ST like in the wet with that much power?

nwhiteley said:
It spins the wheels in 3rd in the dry, and in 4th in the wet.

So its not just mpg thats putting you off the ST? Its a lot of car for the money but with 250bhp+ you need RWD or 4WD really.

Satnav can be done on single DIN but its expensive. To fit and supply your looking at £1200. If you want to have a go yourself apparently its a right pain the ase as you need to change all the aircon switches over

d3fy said:
Satnav can be done on single DIN but its expensive. To fit and supply your looking at £1200. If you want to have a go yourself apparently its a right pain the ase as you need to change all the aircon switches over

Looks like i will have to find another car with a double din unit, or one with factory satnav ready fitted. Thanks for your help.

I did find a 3.2 with the satnav, but i dont think the mpg would be much better than the ST

I average about 27 mpg in my 3.2.

I cover about 2000 miles per month in mixed driving conditions & have a reasonably heavy right foot.

Don't think that's too bad - certainly no worse than most other 'hot' hatches.

Go for the 6 pot!:yes:

Jonesy

i dont blame you neil for changing back, im from the same focus club, my sprint blue S3 comes in june, i will be keeping ST as sue uses it for work everyday, the S3 is a company car, the mpg on the ST is awfull, cheers shane. ps but my god their quick.

Jonesy3.2 said:
I average about 27 mpg in my 3.2.

I cover about 2000 miles per month in mixed driving conditions & have a reasonably heavy right foot.

Don't think that's too bad - certainly no worse than most other 'hot' hatches.

Go for the 6 pot!:yes:

Jonesy

Im coming to think i will go for a 3.2. Does anyone know how they compare to Golf 4motion's. I had one with 90k on the clock, and i was over the moon when it got nicked...... one of the poorer cars i have owned.

One other thing, how much is the tax on a 3.2?

One other thing, how much is the tax on a 3.2?

If its March 2006 or newer its £300 a year (which is suppose to be going up to £400 in the future)

If its before March 2006 its £205 a year :asskicking:

I get 25-26 out of my 3.2 DSG doing a mix of urban, fast-A and M-way driving. I think it's a fanatic car, certainly better than my 8P S3 when it was still standard.

Dan

nwhiteley said:
I will get a 3.2 now, just need to find one with the new style grill and low miles.

Good lad, you know it makes sense!

That A3 advertised is a VERY good price especailly as its a SE Sline!

I think the 3.2 engine suits the DSG box. I certainly wouldn't want to go back to a manual.

Dan

ooo you can't get that its been on Audi AVS servicing - apparently thats a reason not to buy a car according to someone in another post!!!!

Not my view i must add. ;-)

I think the 3.2 engine suits the DSG box. I certainly wouldn't want to go back to a manual.

Agreed but I would recommend anyone who hasn't driven DSG before to take a test drive cos it doesn't drive like a normal auto (even in D) and it doesn't drive like real manual (even using the paddles).

Hello & :sign_welcome: back to the site.

I am getting conflicting info from adverts in Autotrader.... some are saying the 3.2 produces 250 bhp and others 236bhp, so, which one is it please?

Well when I got mine I had asked the same thing and the stealer`s told me it was definately 250??? Would be interested if I was told wrong though? With regards to DSG, well I have never liked auto box`s and said I would never own one but I drove the manual and then the DSG right after and loved it,however I did drive a friend of mines TDI with DSG and it was terrible??? So I think it must just suit the 3.2 better-just my opinion though-good luck with the car hunt:icon_thumright:

nwhiteley said:
I am getting conflicting info from adverts in Autotrader.... some are saying the 3.2 produces 250 bhp and others 236bhp, so, which one is it please?

250bhp according to the Audi brochures.

Maybe 250ps ?
A PS is (I think) 0.94 of a bhp.
So that would be 235 bhp.

Actually that sounds right Bowfer-I always wondered what the differance between ps & bhp was?...But does that mean that the new S3,which people say 265bhp is actually 265ps...which is would then be about 249bhp???:think:

I've got no doubt unscrupulous,or ignorant,salesmen use PS when the client expects to hear bhp.
They'll say "they're the same thing".
When you say a PS is 0.94 of a horsepower,it's easy to dismiss them as the same.
Once you multiply 0.94 by 250 though,you realise you're being 'robbed' of 15bhp !