S3's Old and New

J

jamiekip

Well this morning my old S3 was handed over to it's new owner, have to admit feeling quite sad watching her go away.
Anyway, before she left the sun came out and I managed to get a few pics of my old and new S3's together:

IMG_2142NR.jpg

IMG_2137NR.jpg

IMG_2133NR.jpg

IMG_2131NR.jpg

IMG_2130NR.jpg

IMG_2128NR.jpg

Looks good, I hate seeing old cars!

My mum crashed my Golf so that was the deciding factor for getting the a3, as it took nearly 4months to rebuild!

Car got sold to local skoda dealer.. long story and Going back to get some waranty work done on the fabia, saw my golf sat all alone in the corner!

I have to admit, when the new S3 came out I was a bit gutted they hadn't flared the arches etc, but seeing them side by side like that I much prefer the new one now.
Still think the seats in the old one are better though!

SPIN140 - has yours arrived yet - noticed your sig says 18 May????

jamiekip said:
Well this morning my old S3 was handed over to it's new owner, have to admit feeling quite sad watching her go away.
Anyway, before she left the sun came out and I managed to get a few pics of my old and new S3's together:

Those pictures show exactly what I'll be doing in about 5 weeks from now.
My old one is going to the dealer as a trade in, but it's a swap from silver to sprint blue.

Can't wait, though I'll feel a bit sad to see the current one go.
My car should be being built next week - the week of my birthday. I'm quite happy with the present I've bought myself this year!! :w00t:

I've had 2 8L S3's and those posts just hammer it home how much of a improvement the new one is over the old!

Nice pics mate, and congrats :beerchug: But personally I still LOOOOOve the old shape over the new one. I dunno the new S3 doesn't stand out from the new A3s at first sight that is, whereas the older model I believe had a much greater difference, and I just love the old skool one (but then again I've got an 8L) still love her to bits. One thing that'll make me go for the new one is the engine and power simple.

Stunning snaps there. Very sexy ;)

Got to say, I prefer the old S3 to the new :)

Two cracking motors IMO but the 8P does it for me everytime. Cheers Jamie !

Nice pictures. It's amazing how much more presence the 8P has over the 8L - you'd barely look twice at the older car.

benw123 said:
Nice pictures. It's amazing how much more presence the 8P has over the 8L - you'd barely look twice at the older car.

Exactly!

Now it looks to me as if the old one looks exactly like a normal A3!