Sat Nav question

hardcore Hallam

Reaction score
I've just had the dealer on the phone, telling me that the DVD sat nav system on my new car is faulty. The new unit will take up to a month to arrive. Can someone tell me whether this unit will plug straight in, with no other adapters, so I can have some music, whilst I'm waiting for the new unit to arrive? Thanks

AUDI A2 SYMPHONY CD/RADIO & CASSETTE PLAYER
This is an original Audi unit with single CD, single cassette and radio.
Audi Part No. 8Z0057195CX

7c90_1.JPG

Get them to put a unit in untill the new RNS-E arrives! I am sure they could get one from Audi CS or something!

Yeah I've tried that, they reckon they can't source one from anywhere. They don't even want me to take the car, but I gave them the choice of letting me have the car, or lend me one, surprise surprise, they let me take my car

Just kick up a stink for either a curtosy car or a temp radio... I am sure some of the used cars have a radio that will fit :)

cjp2k said:
Just kick up a stink for either a curtosy car or a temp radio... I am sure some of the used cars have a radio that will fit :)[/quot

Mate I've tried, they're just not having it. I've tried being nice, angry and even crying ha ha.

I doubt very much if that unit would even fit in the dash, let alone hook up to the loom. You'll have to take up singing instead ... :)

I'd also tell them to stick the car up their ****. You're the customer and they should be bending over backwards to help you. As for it taking a month, that's balls, nothing takes a month to deliver from Germany.

Sure they have a car either second hand they could use or one in the showroom they could borrow a unit out of. P1ss poor...

JamS3 said:
Whats apparently wrong with the DVD sat nav to render it faulty?

Dealers told me that when Audi did their final checks on the car before it was shipped, the unit was found to be faulty and they didn't have another to fit??? So they shipped the car over anyway, minus the Sat Nav. The unit is on back order, will probably take 2/3 weeks to arrive.

Hardcore son,

I'll drive over with ya on Monday and we'll sort the stealers out..... Just get the stereo removal keys, walk in the show room and pop one out of a car sitting there, simple. Its not stealing as you've paid for the ******!

Job Done.