EM TuningJMB Retrofits
    6th Gear

Status

Swear Box required

Picked the S3 up on Saturday morning, looks great in silver and makes a real change from black for me.

The car has lots of optional extras included and was 'used' but only for 1,768 miles, the one thing missing is a swear box !!!

What a fun car the S3 is, it surprises me just how quick it feels, so much so that I launch into a torrent of 'F' words every time I give it some heavy right foot, my face was literally aching form grinning when I got home yesterday after popping to the shops via some quiet country lanes

I thought it was just me until the wife grabbed the keys on the evening whilst I bathed the little one, she came back 30 mins later literally speechless (makes a change) - I'm one happy S3 owner, it may not look quite like a 30K car from a distance but certainly justifies the premium when driven.

Maybe I'll keep this car..............
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I'd be very interested to know how much of an impact the performance had in terms of grin factor for those that have gone from other fast cars to the S3.
    Its great to hear that you're enjoying it Spin but I can't imagine anyone not feeling that way when taking such a big leap in performance, I wonder if others have been as overwhelmed?
    I'm still open minded about the sidestep from my 330 Bm.....I really want to be grinning as much as Spin
    S3 Sprint Blue - Auto lights & wipers,Rear parking sensors and Sunroof. Revo remap. Pioneer +JL + Focal ICE upgrade.

windsurfer

Status
    For me is not actually the sense of speed or acceleration that amazes me... It does not "feel" super fast at all. What amazes me is the arrogance wich it overtakes the other traffic and goes uphill... It does 200Kph so easily it should be illegal... That's what amazes me not the sense of speed, I enjoy my go-kart a lot more...

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiecrg
    For me is not actually the sense of speed or acceleration that amazes me... It does not "feel" super fast at all. What amazes me is the arrogance wich it overtakes the other traffic and goes uphill... It does 200Kph so easily it should be illegal... That's what amazes me not the sense of speed, I enjoy my go-kart a lot more...

Pedro
    Karting....now you're talking, always wanted to get into this but couldn't afford the bi race engine rebuilds
    S3 Sprint Blue - Auto lights & wipers,Rear parking sensors and Sunroof. Revo remap. Pioneer +JL + Focal ICE upgrade.

windsurfer

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by copperband
    Karting....now you're talking, always wanted to get into this but couldn't afford the bi race engine rebuilds
    It's great it is not about raw speed it about feeling every single inch of the track and handling. Forget the lawnmower engines hire go karts! Get the real deal, be it an ICA which is a 2 stroke 100cc engine direct drive (no clutch) with around 31hp and revs up to 20000RPM, strongly recommend, it is a shame UK weather is not as good as Portugal, there the sunny days help to enjoy karting a lot more...

Cost wise, is not so expensive, specially if you go for Rotax Max Challenge, you can do an entire championship without engine rebuild... PM if you are interested in this, I can give you more advice if you want...

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

6th Gear

Status
    i wonder what differences there is to the driver between a S3 and a remapped A3 2TFSI in terms of handling and responsivenss.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinA3
    i wonder what differences there is to the driver between a S3 and a remapped A3 2TFSI in terms of handling and responsivenss.

Would be nice to hear a comparison. I guess the S3 will probably feel better with the different suspension componants and the engine not as highly strung.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

Third Gear

Status
    [quote=newbiecrg]It's great it is not about raw speed it about feeling every single inch of the track and handling. Forget the lawnmower engines hire go karts! Get the real deal, be it an ICA which is a 2 stroke 100cc engine direct drive (no clutch) with around 31hp and revs up to 20000RPM, strongly recommend, it is a shame UK weather is not as good as Portugal, there the sunny days help to enjoy karting a lot more...

Recently had the pleasure of driving a 125cc 2 stroke racing kart while on holiday in Koh Samui, absolutely awesome fun and I am sure I didn't exploit the full potential either as the kart belonged to the track owner and I did not want to put into the tyre wall. Fab handling but tiring when you are not used to it, especially as the track was quite bumpy felt as though I had the **** kicked out of me when I had finished.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

6th Gear

Status
    I went karting in Thailand (a place called Mini Siam?) and I absolutely ragged it.

So much so, that I smacked it into the wall. When I tried to start it again, it wouldn't go, then I realised that I'd damaged the fuel line and it was spilling out all over the place.

They gave me a slower class kart to finish off with. I still managed to win and lap everyone else three times...
    A4 2.0TDI S Line (2008)
    MMI/Sat Nav, Parking System Advanced, Advanced Key

Third Gear

Status
    I had the track to myself until they sent out one of the mechanics to get me, gave him a run for his money even though he knew the track like the back of his hand. He did pass me in the end which was interesting as I was able to see how much faster i could actually go by following his lines and pace.

Mark
    Last edited by markwiggy; 22nd May 2007 at 22:45.
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Nice one Spin, pics please.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by copperband
    I'd be very interested to know how much of an impact the performance had in terms of grin factor for those that have gone from other fast cars to the S3.
    Its great to hear that you're enjoying it Spin but I can't imagine anyone not feeling that way when taking such a big leap in performance, I wonder if others have been as overwhelmed?
    I'm still open minded about the sidestep from my 330 Bm.....I really want to be grinning as much as Spin
    I have no doubt you will not be disappointed, my 2 previous cars although derv have both produced 198 & 188bhp and prior to that I had a MkV GTi which produced 252bhp so am no sranger to quick cars, its the package and the way the power is developed that will make you grin the most
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."