Really want to tune my TDI!

john_cook

I was the STIG.
Reaction score
Hi people,

I have the 2.0 tdi, still running at 140bhp Went for a spin in a friends Golf Mk4 130tdi tuned upto about 180 bhp. Wow is all I can say. I wasnt expecting it to pull like that at all! It really goes in 2nd gear, he reckons its timed 0-60 is about 7.5 secs. I need to pull my thumb outta my *** and tune my car now. If it moves anywhere near that I'll be well chuffed!

Question - where will I get most satisfaction - Bluefin or Revo???

Cooky

PS I finally put some updated pics of my car in the Post pics of your A3 section.

Any of them are very good I would think. I think the Bluefinn software and interface is easier to use. What are you waiting, remember that power without control is nothing so forget the max power output and get the best power/torque increase possible... You might want to beef up suspension and brakes at a later stage if you are committed to proper tune up your car...

Pedro

P.S.: No worries here mate, any of those two is great and with similar results.

Revo for me

Bluefin havent really made their name over here in northern ireland so i dont know much about them but from the research i have done Revo seems to be the best - even though its prob the most expensive

they give the smoothest curves and best power delivery

i have been in numerous mapped turbo cars and the revo ones always seem to perform better

I only really have experience of Revo and Bluefin in petrol cars but I'd say they market themselves quite differently. Revo always seem to give you plenty of shove early on which is great for an instant grin. Bluefin seem happy to produce increments of power through the rev range, the power is delivered in a more 'subtle' way if you like. Horses for courses.

Your best bet is to find a couple of friendly owners and get a drive in both.

that would be the best way to see what they are both like. Anyone near Manchester got a Revo / Bluefin tuned TDI 2.0 and willing to show me what its like??

Cooky