Tyres (again) GoodYears

d3fy

Reaction score
Website
d3fy.co.uk
Right just washed the car and checked the tyres, 3 of them are on the ware line, so they need doing. The 4th is Ok as that got replaced a few month after getting the car, so I will put that on the spare alloy I have, and get 4 new fitted.

As anyone got a price on the _new_ Eagle F1 Asymmetric's?

I think I can get GSD3s for £120 a corner fitted.

What size tyres - 120 a side fitted is high

You think?

Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 XL 225/40 R18 Z
(including 5% discount) £119.28 £477.12

The assymetrico is about £13 more than the GSD3(£108 against £95). You could buy them from www.mytyres.co.uk and then pay someone to fit them. Mytyres will even find someone to fit them for you, so it shouldnt be too much extra and the tyres will be delivered to the fitter so you dont have to cart them about.

Yeah I have a few times, always been very good. Haven't found anywhere else that sells them cheaper. Quick delivery too.

I need 4 new tyres again, and am going to go for the GSD3's found them for 404 quid inc fitting on etyres.co.uk

d3fy said:
Anyone used them?

Ive used mytyres too and they have been very good.

If I was buying now I would buy the Assymetric tyres over the GSD3s for the small price extra.

My tyres are 17"s

I haven't seen the Assymetrics on MyTyres.

Does anyone has compared the grip levels between the original Conti'2 and GSD3? I find that the Conti loose the grip quite soon for a 225... It is a good thing to learn how the car behaves in the limit but I could use more grip...

Thanks
Pedro

i'll be staying with the standard P Zero's when i get mine changed (not long to go) as i find them quite good, try blackcircles for prices as well!

What are the changes on the Asymmetric's over the GSD3's? Are they better in any way?

RobinA3 said:
i'll be staying with the standard P Zero's when i get mine changed (not long to go) as i find them quite good, try blackcircles for prices as well!

They are dire mate you should try some other tyres.

emzino said:
What are the changes on the Asymmetric's over the GSD3's? Are they better in any way?

According to goodyear they are quieter and have slightly better dry grip than the GSD3s(which grip like SH** to a blanket in both the wet and dry).

Here is an old tyre REVIEW for those that haven't seen it.

Right the car is booked in for 4 new Asymmetric's. I will let you know what I think after a bit of driving on them. £122 a corner fitted.

d3fy said:
Right the car is booked in for 4 new Asymmetric's. I will let you know what I think after a bit of driving on them. £122 a corner fitted.

Ouch.
I was £101 fitted for 4 x Dunlop sportmaxxes (225/40 x 18 )
I don't know what this aymmestrics are you mention,but the sportmaxxes are at least 95% as good as the F1's I had on before.
95% as good for 18% less.

I know its £80 but i'm happy to pay it, if I wanted to cut costs I could have some Nangang or Nokian for about £70 a corner.

I'll live and learn, if they last me the rest of my ownership of the car then I'll be happy. The Zero Neros have lasted 15k in 18 months

In the past i have always used mytyres/black circles to buy my Toyo Proxes or Eagle F1'S.

Even though i have always been against the idea, i have started buying sets of part worn F1's that come from Germany.

I know buying 'part worn' sounds a bit dodgy, but the last set of 17" F1's that i bought cost £30 each, with 8mm tread all round, absolutely no defects. They could almost have been new tyres.

It probably helps if you are a miser with a dusty wallet, like me. lol

I had no idea that you could by part worn, I would not trust my life with them, as I would always worry about why they are what they are.

I've got the GSD3s (in 17" size) at the front of my Sportback and am very pleased with them. Much quieter than the Pirelli P6000s that were on the rims when I got them, plus good grip and that v-groove is peerless in wet conditions. A local tyre-fitting company put two on the front for £100 each.

Would you recommend jumping from 17" to 18"? I want to upgrade from my 17" star alloys to 18" rs6's. Is it worth it?

Got them fitted today will report back. One thing is very noticable and thats the rim protection that these have compared to the nero zeros

Don't upgrade from 17" to 18" tyres - you'll have a big gap around your rims and you won't be able to keep the air in.....

alfiejts said:
Don't upgrade from 17" to 18" tyres - you'll have a big gap around your rims and you won't be able to keep the air in.....

Seriously? That's quite a big blow because I was thinking about getting rid of my 17" Star Alloys for 18" RS6's...

Surely it ain't that bad...

emzino said:
Seriously? That's quite a big blow because I was thinking about getting rid of my 17" Star Alloys for 18" RS6's...

Surely it ain't that bad...

Well you would need 18" Tyres for 18" rims :yes: