GAP Insurance

Spin140

Reaction score
Anyone investigating buying this from an alternate source rather than the dealer ?

Also what are peoples thoughts on GAP, worth having or just another commission lead service offered by dealers?

Approximate costs ?

Cheers all

I use click4gap.com, 90 odd quid for less than a year.

We used click4gap and it cost us £220ish for three years £25k return to invoice. Audi wanted £399 for three years £15k return to invoice.

I got a quote from www.surfandprotect.com. £215 for $15,000 Return to Invoice for 3 years. As you say Audi were quoting £399, but I showed them the quote and we talked about it and got the figure down to £225, which I was happy with.

which returns it to invoice - not the full RRP of the car so it isn't full protection. eg if you pay 22k but full OTR is £27k to replace, you would only get £22k they won't cover the discount. And there would be guarantee that the same discout would be given again.

steve184 said:
which returns it to invoice - not the full RRP of the car so it isn't full protection. eg if you pay 22k but full OTR is £27k to replace, you would only get £22k they won't cover the discount. And there would be guarantee that the same discout would be given again.

surfandprotect also do 'replacement gap insurance' which covers the cost of the replacement car (up to a limit of course). So if the RRP of the car you bought has gone up, they cover that.
Remember of course that the GAP is there to make up the difference between any insurance company settlement and the cost to replace, so your scenario above Steve isn't quite right - unless the insurance refuse to pay out anything.... :sadlike:

I got an online quote of £337 for 3 years replacement gap (max payout of 25K).

I passed the surfandprotect quote on to my dealer (along with the return to invoice quote - £320) and haven't heard anything back - so I'm guessing they aren't prepared to match it.
The dealership quoted me £520ish for 3 years return to invoice on my S3.

I don't think I would have any problem getting the same amount of discount from my dealer on another new car so all I would have to find is any increase in the price of the new car, which would only apply in years 2 and 3 so paying a few pounds for another brand new car would not be a problem.

steve184 said:

I know what you are saying but cars generally become cheaper over time not the reverse, ie a 3/5% discount on an S3 will probably increase to the standard 9/10% over time.

Thanks for all the advice, cheapest quote so far is click4gap but this has been price matched and bettered by £5 on the surf & protect site suggested, £275 x 3 years for £20,000 RTI cover .

I'll use this info to negotiate with Audi.

Thanks all