Porsche Seats...

rickquattro

Reaction score
Anyone help here? As Recaros are rare and expensive... will Porsche seats fit in an A3 easily? They are part of the VW/Audi group so I'm thinking it may be a possible fit? There are a few more sets on ebay than Audi specific seats.

Edit: Apologies for posting in this forum... my mistake. Will they fit an 8L..

Thanks....

Can't see Porsche and VW/Audi sharing much stuff tbh.

FYI, Porsche aren't "part of" the VW/Audi group - they own 31% of it.

If they own it then I would have thought common purchasing would help manage costs.... I recall the same RNS-E navi system in a 996 i borrowed for the day for instance...

Porsche may own a large (controlling now I think) stake in the VW group but they don't share parts the way Skoda/Seat/VW/Audi do.

The Porsche nav is not an RNS-E.

It may still be possible to fit the seats. What you'd need to do is fit the 8L runners and seat frames to the Porsche seats (after these had been removed). Bit of welding required though - probably not worth it. Just keep looking out on eBay for an S3 Recaro interior :)

Best bet is to look at other seats in the Audi range as its fairly safe to assume that the A4/S4 seats should fit if the buckets do (assuming they are not on different runners)...

I have the buckets and am struggling to get used to them. I may end up looking to other options in a few months time if i can't get them worn in...

Steve.. if you are struggling with the buckets and are considering a change.. keep me in mind. What I would really like are TT Sport seats.... but it will take some to find them..

Vertigo1 said:
Can't see Porsche and VW/Audi sharing much stuff tbh.

FYI, Porsche aren't "part of" the VW/Audi group - they own 31% of it.

Cayenne and Toureg?

Anyway i think the seats can be done as Iv seen an M3 with GT3 buckets in