EM TuningVolks Autos
    Seat - Skoda - Audi

Status

Help stop an argument

Please help I have purchased a new A3 Sportback & apparently I paid to much, I'm not sure

Heres want I got for Ł25686.00

A3 sportback S-line 2.0 DTI S-tronic
    Lava Grey
    Parking Sensors
    Rear Mats
    Heated Front Seats
    Bose Upgrade
    Symphony 2
    Ipod Kit
    Multi Functional Steering Wheel
    Boot liner
    Dog Guard
    Boot Lip Protection

She's driving me crazy, No help at the time thou.

2. # ADS
    ADS

What engine power - 140PS or 170PS
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Seat - Skoda - Audi

Status
    Sorry yeah it's the 170ps

Also, looking at the Audi Accessories they are more than one option

Dog Guard - Full length - Ł78.00
    Dog Guard - Mesh partition - Ł200.00

Boot liner - Flexible - Ł40.00
    Boot liner - Rigid - Ł160.00

Boot lip protection is Ł30.00

No other factory options than those listed - nothing with the mirrors for example. No Xenon headlights, Luggage pack, Auto lighting and wipers.

I have a copy of the current price list so I can easily work out a price for you when I have the information.
    Last edited by h5djr; 15th May 2007 at 19:52.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Seat - Skoda - Audi

Status
    yeah mmm

Mesh guard & flexible liner...

Based on the current price list....

A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI-170 - OTR 19,670
    Sport model trim 2000
    S-Line trim 1800
    S-tronic transmission 1400
    Metallic paint 485
    Parking sensors 260
    Rear carpet mats 30
    Heated front seats 250
    Bose upgrade 440
    Symphony II 265
    Ipod kit 175
    Muliti Function Steering Wheel 80

total for basic car Ł26,855

Boot Liner 40
    Dog Guard 200
    Boot Lip Protection 30

first registration fee 38
    12months Road Fund Licence 135

total cost should be: Ł27,298

So it look like you paid Ł1612 less that the full price. Nearly 6% discount. So you win and she's wrong. Just as it should be !
    Dave R (h5djr)

6th Gear

Status
    I make that Ł25140 list price (plus whatever the boot lip protection costs - can't find it) so you're paying higher than list!?
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

6th Gear

Status
    Oops, my mistake, missed some bits off.

Dave, isn't the MFSW £160?
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

Neutral

Status

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by h5djr
    Based on the current price list....

A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI-170 - OTR 19,670
    Sport model trim 2000
    S-Line trim 1800
    S-tronic transmission 1400
    Metallic paint 485
    Parking sensors 260
    Rear carpet mats 30
    Heated front seats 250
    Bose upgrade 440
    Symphony II 265
    Ipod kit 175
    Muliti Function Steering Wheel 80

total for basic car Ł26,855

Boot Liner 40
    Dog Guard 200
    Boot Lip Protection 30

first registration fee 38
    12months Road Fund Licence 135

total cost should be: Ł27,298

So it look like you paid Ł1612 less that the full price. Nearly 6% discount. So you win and she's wrong. Just as it should be !
    Sorry but Ł1600 is a crap discount. Another Ł1k should of been easy pickings.

Look at Drive the deal and Autobytel as quick examples.

So she is right
    Carless for the moment

Seat - Skoda - Audi

Status
    Well thats one of the things I total costed my car on New-Car-Discount site & the total inc. del was Ł25077.33 of which i was prepared to pay more from a dealer "some where & some one to yell at if need be".

h5djr how do you get Ł27298.00 she does'nt come up with that if she came up with that I would feel alright, I noticed you have sport trim & s-line trim is that right please say yes.

Sorry but Ł1600 is a crap discount. Another Ł1k should of been easy pickings.
    I did some searching on the internet before I purchased my current A3 and the best discount I was offered was 9.4% (Ł2,436.07) on a total car price of Ł25,895. This was from an internet broker. My own dealer, who I have been dealing with for the past 12 years had already given an above book trade-in price for my existing A3 but when I took the quote along he said he would match it, so obviously I bought from him.

I could possible have got a slightly better price but, to me, price is not everthing. Good service and an easy transaction from a local dealer are also important.
    Dave R (h5djr)

h5djr how do you get Ł27298.00 she does'nt come up with that if she came up with that I would feel alright, I noticed you have sport trim & s-line trim is that right please say yes.
    Yes it's right. I fell into that trap at first, but when I looked more closely at the printed price list is says the S-Line trim is Ł1800 in addition to the Sports model premium.

If you want to check out the prices go to www.Audi.co.uk and go the A3 Sportback pages and you can download a PDF file of the current price list. Also if you go the the Accessories page you can see the prices of the other items.
    Dave R (h5djr)

1st Gear

Status
    Not really sure it matters what the end price is......she is going to insist that she is right and you are wrong regardless of the outcome.

Just do the normal thing.....admit she is right(you and us know thats not the case), tell her your sorry, buy her some new clothes, dinner and some earings and hope she shuts up after that and doesnt keep reminding you for your 3yrs of ownership....

Good Luck....
    Audi A3 2.0 TDi 140 S-Line DSG (Met Silver - Bose - Symphony II - 6 CD Changer - Audi Phone Kit - iPod - Center Arm Rest)
    SOLD Kawasaki ZX636R Ninja (b1h) (Met Black - Steering Damper - Fabbri Screen - Scorpion Exhaust - Braided Hoses - Seat Cowl - Mini indicators - Pirelli Diablo Corsa III Dual Compound Tyres)

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr
    I did some searching on the internet before I purchased my current A3 and the best discount I was offered was 9.4% (Ł2,436.07) on a total car price of Ł25,895. This was from an internet broker. My own dealer, who I have been dealing with for the past 12 years had already given an above book trade-in price for my existing A3 but when I took the quote along he said he would match it, so obviously I bought from him.

I could possible have got a slightly better price but, to me, price is not everthing. Good service and an easy transaction from a local dealer are also important.
    In an earlier post you said that 6% was a good deal. Its not, even if you dont have a long term relationship. I actually got more off my S3 from my local dealer than the internet boys were offering and Ive never bought off them before.

I agree price is not everything and px's can hide the real value of a discount.
    Carless for the moment

In an earlier post you said that 6% was a good deal.
    Where did I say that was a good deal. All I said was 'Nearly 6% discount'. Didn't say whether I though that was good or bad. Just a statement of fact.
    Dave R (h5djr)