Help stop an argument

Kitsch

Seat - Skoda - Audi
Reaction score
Please help I have purchased a new A3 Sportback & apparently I paid to much, I'm not sure

Heres want I got for £25686.00

A3 sportback S-line 2.0 DTI S-tronic
Lava Grey
Parking Sensors
Rear Mats
Heated Front Seats
Bose Upgrade
Symphony 2
Ipod Kit
Multi Functional Steering Wheel
Boot liner
Dog Guard
Boot Lip Protection

She's driving me crazy, No help at the time thou.:keule:

What engine power - 140PS or 170PS

Also, looking at the Audi Accessories they are more than one option

Dog Guard - Full length - £78.00
Dog Guard - Mesh partition - £200.00

Boot liner - Flexible - £40.00
Boot liner - Rigid - £160.00

Boot lip protection is £30.00

No other factory options than those listed - nothing with the mirrors for example. No Xenon headlights, Luggage pack, Auto lighting and wipers.

I have a copy of the current price list so I can easily work out a price for you when I have the information.

Based on the current price list....

A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI-170 - OTR 19,670
Sport model trim 2000
S-Line trim 1800
S-tronic transmission 1400
Metallic paint 485
Parking sensors 260
Rear carpet mats 30
Heated front seats 250
Bose upgrade 440
Symphony II 265
Ipod kit 175
Muliti Function Steering Wheel 80

total for basic car £26,855

Boot Liner 40
Dog Guard 200
Boot Lip Protection 30

first registration fee 38
12months Road Fund Licence 135

total cost should be: £27,298

So it look like you paid £1612 less that the full price. Nearly 6% discount. So you win and she's wrong. Just as it should be !

I make that £25140 list price (plus whatever the boot lip protection costs - can't find it) so you're paying higher than list!?

Oops, my mistake, missed some bits off.

Dave, isn't the MFSW £160?

h5djr said:
Based on the current price list....

A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI-170 - OTR 19,670
Sport model trim 2000
S-Line trim 1800
S-tronic transmission 1400
Metallic paint 485
Parking sensors 260
Rear carpet mats 30
Heated front seats 250
Bose upgrade 440
Symphony II 265
Ipod kit 175
Muliti Function Steering Wheel 80

total for basic car £26,855

Boot Liner 40
Dog Guard 200
Boot Lip Protection 30

first registration fee 38
12months Road Fund Licence 135

total cost should be: £27,298

So it look like you paid £1612 less that the full price. Nearly 6% discount. So you win and she's wrong. Just as it should be !

Sorry but £1600 is a crap discount. Another £1k should of been easy pickings.

Look at Drive the deal and Autobytel as quick examples.

So she is right

Well thats one of the things I total costed my car on New-Car-Discount site & the total inc. del was £25077.33 of which i was prepared to pay more from a dealer "some where & some one to yell at if need be".

h5djr how do you get £27298.00 she does'nt come up with that if she came up with that I would feel alright, I noticed you have sport trim & s-line trim is that right please say yes.

Sorry but £1600 is a crap discount. Another £1k should of been easy pickings.

I did some searching on the internet before I purchased my current A3 and the best discount I was offered was 9.4% (£2,436.07) on a total car price of £25,895. This was from an internet broker. My own dealer, who I have been dealing with for the past 12 years had already given an above book trade-in price for my existing A3 but when I took the quote along he said he would match it, so obviously I bought from him.

I could possible have got a slightly better price but, to me, price is not everthing. Good service and an easy transaction from a local dealer are also important.

h5djr how do you get £27298.00 she does'nt come up with that if she came up with that I would feel alright, I noticed you have sport trim & s-line trim is that right please say yes.

Yes it's right. I fell into that trap at first, but when I looked more closely at the printed price list is says the S-Line trim is £1800 in addition to the Sports model premium.

If you want to check out the prices go to www.Audi.co.uk and go the A3 Sportback pages and you can download a PDF file of the current price list. Also if you go the the Accessories page you can see the prices of the other items.

Not really sure it matters what the end price is......she is going to insist that she is right and you are wrong regardless of the outcome.

Just do the normal thing.....admit she is right(you and us know thats not the case), tell her your sorry, buy her some new clothes, dinner and some earings and hope she shuts up after that and doesnt keep reminding you for your 3yrs of ownership....

Good Luck....

h5djr said:
I did some searching on the internet before I purchased my current A3 and the best discount I was offered was 9.4% (£2,436.07) on a total car price of £25,895. This was from an internet broker. My own dealer, who I have been dealing with for the past 12 years had already given an above book trade-in price for my existing A3 but when I took the quote along he said he would match it, so obviously I bought from him.

I could possible have got a slightly better price but, to me, price is not everthing. Good service and an easy transaction from a local dealer are also important.

In an earlier post you said that 6% was a good deal. Its not, even if you dont have a long term relationship. I actually got more off my S3 from my local dealer than the internet boys were offering and Ive never bought off them before.

I agree price is not everything and px's can hide the real value of a discount.

In an earlier post you said that 6% was a good deal.

Where did I say that was a good deal. All I said was 'Nearly 6% discount'. Didn't say whether I though that was good or bad. Just a statement of fact.