Intelligent Keys?

JamS3

Reaction score
Was watching a walkthrough on the new S3 on the Audi channel the other week where they go through the features on the car.

Towards the end the bloke was explaining how to lock and unlock the car with the key and explained that the key could tell you whether or not you have locked the car or not. I'm presuming this is when you are away from the car, can't find any info, how to do this and I didn't know this could be done!

Anyone know?

For info its repeated at 4:45pm this afternoon on 884 on Sky.

Have a look at 1:30pm too the S3 is on in sprint blue with Trevor Nelson!

The car knows which key you are using - if I use the other half's key to open / drive the car the stereo is always on Radio 1 and the heaters on full whereas if I use my key everything is exactly as I left it.

JamS3 said:
Have a look at 1:30pm too the S3 is on in sprint blue with Trevor Nelson!

A good time to go and have some luch I think:icon_thumright:

PJLarge said:
The car knows which key you are using - if I use the other half's key to open / drive the car the stereo is always on Radio 1 and the heaters on full whereas if I use my key everything is exactly as I left it.

I know that mate its just the part where the key can tell you whether you have locked your car or not, or thats what it was portrayed as on the review.

For example i took it as say for example you are in a shopping centre away from the car and you suddenly think shi*e did I lock the car? Seems you can do something with the key and the light on the key (little red on at top) can tell you the last function used ie lock or unlock, thats what i took it as anyway!

As far as I can see from the 11.2006 manual the small red light in the remote control key lights up as soon as you press one of the buttons. If the indicator lamp does not light up or flashes, this means the battery in the remote is exhausted and must be replaced.

No mention of any other fuction.

Well watched it again and he does say the key will let you know if you locked it or not?

OFF Topic: Did anyone see the new LS Lexus on 5th gear, now thats inteligence , it watch's your face to see if your snoozing and can park the car for you!

Was more impressed by the old LS400 for 1500 quid - bargaintastic!!