Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

What's next after a remap??

Dear All,

I am planning to bluefin my 2.0T SB in the very near future but went on questioning if additional cooling is needed to cope with the extra horses...

Since heat is a turbo's biggest enemy, stuff like a bigger intercooler, turbo timer, bigger cooling fans, bigger radiator. etc. are nice additions but are they needed on the 2.0T?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hatmeow
    A3 2.0T Sportback. DSG, Phantom Black, Sports package, Hill Hold, Concert Stereo, 18" S3 Replicas on 225/40/18 Pirelli P Zero Nero

2. # ADS
    ADS

Boydie
    you can go for a stage one remap initially ie the bluefin

then after that you can go for an FMIC, bigger down pipe, turbo back exhaust (inc. the downpipe) and maybe some sort of forced air induction kit.

then you can get a stage 2 remap (which im not sure if bluefin offer) which will accomodate the latest mods and help achieve best results

with the addidtion of the breathing kit and 2nd remap you should see another increase of maybe 25-30bhp on top of the initial remap - maybe more!

you can then get further into it by buying different cams, pulleys and fans etc... but not worth it

stage two would be good good power!

Boydie
    as for a turbo timer i am not sure about VAG motors - just let the engine warm and cool properly and it should be fine!

if you go for revo instead of bluefin i think they offer a 2nd stage map - also they offer the SPS switch which can act as a boost controller so you can manually alter the map depending on your mood!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the tip boydie.

However, I am actually more concerned with cooling and the overall balance of the system rather than more power gains. Just wondering if you guys think that the orignial system (intercooler, radiator, fans...etc) is capable of taking the extra heat from the power increase...
    A3 2.0T Sportback. DSG, Phantom Black, Sports package, Hill Hold, Concert Stereo, 18" S3 Replicas on 225/40/18 Pirelli P Zero Nero

Boydie
    im sure it will be fine - forge motorsport make an intercooler for the mk5 gti which is the same engine so they might have one on order for the audi??

email them and see

windsurfer

Status
    or use the S3 intercooler, pretty sure it can cope with the remap...
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

6th Gear

Status
    Superchips would not offer the remap and warranty if their standard map would not be compatible with the standard parts on the car.
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

5th Gear

Status
    I also agree with that, or at least thats what I hope is true deep down.....
    2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring