AH FabricationsSky Insurance

Thread: A Little advice

Newbie in Poole

Status

A Little advice

I've been lurking around for months now and did post a while back and had some great imput from you guys

My question is would I gain anything much by choosing a 1.8fsi over the 1.6 fsi?

I poodle around Town most of the time and my commute to work is a 7 mile round trip ( yes I should probably walk or Bus, but who wants too )
    I do a 60 mile round trip every 2 weeks and a 100 mile round trip every 6 weeks ( visiting rellys)
    So this really will be a girly car although I will defo spec the Sport pack.

Suggestions would be welcome and I do prefer petrol versions.

I'm hoping to put my order in by July as I'm trying not to have a loan or hp and would prefer to pay outright, the budget is 19k after a assumed discount of some sort

Thank you

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Assuming you're on about a new A3, you do realise that the 1.8 is turbocharged?

The 1.8T has 160PS to the 1.6's 115 and is £2k more expensive. Not really that comparable in my view.

TBH I'd have the 1.8T like a shot. I'd have the TDI140 over the 1.6 - 115PS just isn't enough power for a car that heavy.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Hello and welcome.

1.8T for me.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

Newbie in Poole

Status
    Yes, the A3.. sorry, I didn't make that clear

5th Gear

Status
    1.8TFSI OR if you can stretch to it, get the 2.0TFSI. There's claims of MPG readings on the DIS which can be as good as the 1.6FSI!

Either way, 1.8TFSI > 1.6FSI
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten