Dis accuracy

tmint

Reaction score
How accurate is the miles left to the tank of fuel in the DIS ? Can it be trusted ? :unsure:

mine is pretty accurate, specially if the last 30 miles you do is with "stable" driving , makes computer calculations more accurate as I think they use average driving style to estimate miles left...

i've had mine down to showing 0 miles on a couple of occasions so yes you can trust it - i dont really look at the guage anymore i go off the dis - if it didn't have a guage it would be no skin off my nose

Yup, fairly accurate. It'll show zero before the tank is empty, but you won't have many miles left when it does reach 0 though ;)

yup.... I've had it down to zero too. I've had some hairy times trying to get to the filling station with the lowest price, rather than the nearest one.

The most I've managed is about 20km after it showed zero.

I'm guessing Audi are a little on the conservative side with the calculations so it will never run out of fuel while the DIS is not showing zero - otherwise you could probably sue.

Did anyone not see the Top Gear with Clarkson driving a diesel V8 from London to Edinburgh and back on one tank of fuel?

The DIS and gauge showed empty at Nottingham and he still made it back to London so i'd say its not that accurate!!

But suppose its on the conservative side rather than reading miles left then conking out!