Suspension Upgrade on 2.0T S line

Hatmeow Sportback

Reaction score
Dear All,

Just got my A3 2.0T with the sports suspension option and it is a perfect balance of relative comfort and performance together with the 225/40/18s. However, I would like the to be lowered about 20-25mm for that perfect look. I have had rock hard suspension upgrades in my old Golf and Honda and I have outgrown that.

I know its not the perfect solution but should I just go for lowering springs? Any suggested brands?

Thanks

Hatmeow

Can't go wrong with Eibach/Bilstein or Eibach/Koni

Pedro
P.S.: There are other good options as well.

if its the perfect balance why do you want to change it? it certainly won't be the perfect balance afterwards - and your warranty will be void

newbiecrg said:
Can't go wrong with Eibach/Bilstein or Eibach/Koni

Pedro
P.S.: There are other good options as well.

I agree with the Bilstein but i think he'd find the Eibach's a little too bouncey! If your doing the shocks as well then Bilstein/H&R is the Audi drivers fav!

Also as said above if you do find it the perfect balance then 'if it's not broke' does come to mind but we all know what that 'i wish it was just a little lower' feeling is like!

Thanks for the tips. Totally agree with Steve... but I am just the kind that just can't leave well enough alone...especially with cars.

I have used Eibachs on my golf and I really liked them and I have heard so many good things about the Bilstiens. How is the ride of the Bilsteins companred to the Audi sports suspension? I guess its also possibile to just use the Eibachs on the stock shocks?

Well I've put the Eibach Proline 30-40mm springs matched with Koni FSD shocks on mine and the combination works well for me. Not as low as the Eibach SportsLine springs that James had on it originally, but I wanted to use the Koni shocks and you can only lower up to a max of 40mm with the FSD shocks.

Paul

mines a sport not an s-line (which is 10mm higher than an s-line) with s-line 18 inch wheels and i can honestly say the car sits perectly - it just looks right - the wheels sit in the arches to perfection as far as i'm concerned, definately doesn't look like its on stilts anyway - could be worse could be a news 3 series now theres a car where the wheels just do not sit right in the arches - yuk