Hand Brake Cover Removal

B

Boydie

Got a new hand brake cover but i cannot for the life of me remove it

i have looked down the shaft of the new one and i have a rough idea of how it is held in but no matter how much i pry, squeeze and twist there is no hope of me getting it off at the minuite without me cutting it off - which id rather not do!

anyone with this experience or any idea of how to get it off??

thanks in advance :D

Here is the page from the workshop manual showing how the trim is removed and refitted. Looking at the diagrams I can see why you're having trouble ! Hope this helps.

handbrake trim

thanks a lot mate i will get a look at it later today - gentleman!!!!

I recently bought an handbrake cover with white stitching and was wondering if anyone knows the best way to replace the current leather with the one i bought . The pdf file isnt loading up for some reason :(

I recently bought an handbrake cover with white stitching and was wondering if anyone knows the best way to replace the current leather with the one i bought . The pdf file isnt loading up for some reason :(
the first time is such a pain in the ***, cuz the clip i believe its glued.
since the pdf cant be opened anymore i think i can describe it.

lift the hand brake around 45 degrees, and you'll notice a little hole on the back of the hand brake.
open the lid of the cup holder to have a little more space and using a small screw diver that fits into that hole, start wiggling around untill you feel a clip. press it upwards (like really hard) and at the same time pull the hand brake cover to slide if off, maybe you'll need help of someone pulling the hand brake while you press the clip.

as i said, the first time its a pain in the ***.