S3 spot light bulb failed..

Demon G

Reaction score
Interestingly I have just had a bulb indicator symbol pop up in the info display telling me that my front n/s fog light is out (the one in the lower grille/spoiler), even though I have not used it recently.

I can't seem to get rid of the symbol and need to change the bulb and wondered if anyone new what's involved as I cant find anything in the manual and can't obviously see how it's done. So before I start a trial and error process I thought I would ask the people who usually know.

Thanks for any help.

Here is a page from the workshop manual showing how to change the fog light bulb on an A3. I assume it will be very similar for the S3.

change fog light bulbs on A3

similar thing to me at the minute

i have posted up here before about my rear lights

everytime i get into the car the dash info beeps at me and tells me my right rear light is out - i know thank you very much but for some reason you stupid car you keep blowing the bulbs everytime i change them!!!

anyone any idea why this is happening??

the bulbs are definately being blown - they work for a very short period of time then they go out!

i havent been using bulbs supplied by audi, but bulbs are bulbs (as far as i know!)

thanks

Boydie said:
... anyone any idea why this is happening??

the bulbs are definately being blown - they work for a very short period of time then they go out!

Are you sure the non-Audi's bulb have the same amp? bulbs blow out prematurely if current is too high. :think:

i know why they blow lol

i am going to have to bare it and go to audi this week and tackle them about it - starting to really annoy me!

Thanks guys.. The S3 Grille doesnt seem to have the same release tabs as in the A3 manual but I'll have a closer look. Anyone know?

Bulbs will probably be double the price at Audi. It usually follows the smaller the part the larger the cost.

you could have a go at audi and try get them to replace it under warrenty but usually bulbs are not covered under warrenty! but since yours is so new they might make an acception!