EM TuningChris Nott

Thread: Advice please

Neutral

Status

Advice please

reposting in correct section, ill try again

ok, so ive had my car a week now and decided on a few small bits i want to do to it :

• retrofit an armrest
    • interior sub lighting
    • xenons
    • unlock auto locking (anti hi-jack) feature
    Now can anybody point me to a guide to fitting the armrest and will xenons fit straight on if they were not there to start with, what would i need to do ? ive seen the replacment bulb kits but i wanted to change the whole light unit

Thanks
    A3 3.2 Quattro S-line

2. # ADS
    ADS

Boydie
    you get a fitting kit with the armrest when you buy it brand new from audi or ebay - it has a cardboard template which you draw/cut round with a jig saw

the work is quite brutal but if cut correctly or slightly off line, the armrest has a small lip to cover it

its an easy job really!

do you mean the light pack when talking about sub lighting? you can buy the map/reading light with LED's from VAGPARTS (10% discount for ASN members) or audi-accessories.co.uk

as for the footwell lights i am not sure

xenons - very expensive aftermarket option as you would have to get the front bumper as well as the washer jets for the xenons - or you could just go buy some HID bulbs for the xenon effect but they are soon to be made illegal

the latest vag.com software will do this locking feature

Neutral

Status
    thanks i was going to order the armrest from audi-accessories.co.uk, and the light pack,ford call it sub lighting its the two red LEDs shining down on the centre consol from the interior light so must be the same thing.
    how much would audi charge to use there vag.com software, any idea? did i read somewhere you can get he seatbelt chimes switched on with vag.com?

how do i get the a-s.net discount from audi-accessories.co.uk?
    A3 3.2 Quattro S-line

Dreaming of Boost

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie
    xenons - very expensive aftermarket option as you would have to get the front bumper as well as the washer jets for the xenons - or you could just go buy some HID bulbs for the xenon effect but they are soon to be made illegal
    I know the Xenon retrofit is expensive. But why does he need to replace the bumper? He doesn't have to have the light washers. Are Euro-Xenons that much different from what we get in North America?
    "Some of us are decent people who want to stay out of the emergency room, but still
    blast through neo-gridlock traffic in residential districts whenever we feel like it....
    For that we need fine Machinery." -Dr. Hunter S. Thompson (1937-2005)

Boydie
    in the UK, maybe europe its law to have washer jets along with the xenons, therefore you need a new bumper because the washer are hidden beneath the bumper

i just phoned VAG Parts and told them i was an ASN member after logging into their website

Neutral

Status
    does anyone know about leatherwork ? can a leather seat be embossed with the s-line like the new s3 ? or would it have to have been done when the seat was made ?
    A3 3.2 Quattro S-line

Neutral

Status
    When i unlock the car and open the drivers door i hear a motor or something starting, sounds like its under the drivers seat? what is it ?
    A3 3.2 Quattro S-line

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tmint
    When i unlock the car and open the drivers door i hear a motor or something starting, sounds like its under the drivers seat? what is it ?
    it's the fuel pump kicking in.

Neutral

Status
    had a feelnig it would be that, ok thanks
    A3 3.2 Quattro S-line

4th Gear

Status
    The xenon projector headlights are several hundred pounds each of Audi(i was told 400 but don't know how true this is). To be legal in the UK they need to have headlamp washers installed and self leveling. That isn't including the lamps, ballasts or any of the wiring, the car will also need coding via VAG-COM or through Audi if they will do it.

The seats come embosed with S-line but you can replace the plain rear seat cover with the embosed cover but they are around 400 each(i have had a cover replaced under warranty and saw the price).

Vag-com isnt something from Audi but made by www.ross-tech.com to interface with VAG computer modules(to change settings and check faults etc). The USB-CAN version(for use with the new A3 amoung many others) costs 259. Although there is a micro-can version with cutdown features slightly less.
    Last edited by Dandle; 10th May 2007 at 19:13.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

Neutral

Status
    looks like i will forget the xenons idea and seat embossing ! will have to use the philips bluevision bulbs instead.

thanks for your answers
    A3 3.2 Quattro S-line

The Black Phantom

Status

Lightbulb New to Audi - New to Forum - Next stop.. iPod?

I'm a complete newbie too. Just got my nearly new A3 Sportback TDI 2.0 170Bhp last weekend (had a '96 Golf TDI 1.9 90Bhp - So nice big change for me! ). There was / is less than 3,000 on the clock. Am still learning what it can do and what I can add to it. I'm looking to get the factory iPod connector for my iPod Video 30GB. Before I go ahead with this, is there definitely no way of showing the current tracks on the Symphony II ?

BennyB0Y.

5th Gear

Status
    What does the unlock auto locking (anti hi-jack) feature do?
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by emzino
    What does the unlock auto locking (anti hi-jack) feature do?
    Anti-Hijack locks the doors when the car reaches about 10-15KMH and unlocks them when you remove the key.
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

5th Gear

Status
    Ahhh. Oh yea! No wonder it didn't do it. Mum thought it was something wrong with the car. Why don't they make this standard I just don't understand.

Thanks for clearing that up Gti Jazz Blue

Oh and where could I get this turned on by any chance?
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten