Wiper motor failed again!

alfiejts

Reaction score
I know that early A3 8Ps had a weak wiper motor and many have been changed under warranty, but has anyone who has had their motor replaced had it fail a second time?

Mine was swapped out by Audi Assist a few months ago, but the "service park" mode hasn't worked since.
My local Audi dealers have a further new motor on order to see if that restores the "service mode" capability, but I'm still waiting for stock to arrive and now my replacement motor has stopped working altogether again...

I can accept a failure and one replacement, but to have the second motor fail soon after seems very worrying.

Has anyone else suffered this double failure?

Nice man from Audi Assist came out from Manchester on bank holiday Monday and swapped the wiper motor again.

The "service" mode now works again. :)

He reckons that the first replacement motor must have been faulty for the service mode not to work, but its still a bit worrying that it lasted less than six months.....

i had major probs with the wipers on my last A3 (main reason why i got rid in the end) they never got totally sorted - last time they attempted to fix i was left with the auto sensing not working properly... i give in the end, managed a sizable discount and contribution from audi CS and go another A3 - thankfully wipers are fine on this car, but unfortunately there are other niggles which i am now in dispute with audi about. These cars have a good reputation but they seem terribly inconsistent as they come of the production line!