Tyre pressure monitoring

steve184

Reaction score
Is this something that could be added to a car without it, ie, what else other than the switch would i have to buy?

I've seen a how to on this somewhere, but I can't remember where. The system works on the ABS sensors and the wheel speed. I think some wires were run to the ABS pump and possibly some vag com commands. I'll have a look for this later on....

Sack it - it looks far too complicated!! I'l just check my tyres reqularly the old fashioned way!

Out of interest how accurate are te tyre pressure monitors? Will they detet the tyre bein say..1PSI out, or do they need to be more flat?

It will be more than that as when a tyre is cold for example it will be 2-3 psi lower than when it is warm.

It will be triggered at a "significant" lower pressure probs 6-8psi plus when it would become a problem to drive with that pressure loss.

It isnt as high as that as when I recieved my car I changed the tyre pressures on the front by 4psi and with a mile I had a tyre warning(I didnt know about resetting it then). I would think it would compare all the wheels to see if the is a pressure drop/increase due to temp and compensate for that.