AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    5th Gear

Status

Tyre pressure monitoring

Is this something that could be added to a car without it, ie, what else other than the switch would i have to buy?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I've seen a how to on this somewhere, but I can't remember where. The system works on the ABS sensors and the wheel speed. I think some wires were run to the ABS pump and possibly some vag com commands. I'll have a look for this later on....

6th Gear

Status
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

6th Gear

Status
    That's the one!!!

5th Gear

Status
    Sack it - it looks far too complicated!! I'l just check my tyres reqularly the old fashioned way!

1st Gear

Status
    Out of interest how accurate are te tyre pressure monitors? Will they detet the tyre bein say..1PSI out, or do they need to be more flat?
    Any spelling/ grammatical errors are there purely to annoy!

A4 2.0TDI (143) S-Line Quartz Grey

6th Gear

Status
    It will be more than that as when a tyre is cold for example it will be 2-3 psi lower than when it is warm.

It will be triggered at a "significant" lower pressure probs 6-8psi plus when it would become a problem to drive with that pressure loss.
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

4th Gear

Status
    It isnt as high as that as when I recieved my car I changed the tyre pressures on the front by 4psi and with a mile I had a tyre warning(I didnt know about resetting it then). I would think it would compare all the wheels to see if the is a pressure drop/increase due to temp and compensate for that.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.