Volks AutosBadger5
    Boydie

Ambient Light Pack

I am about to order some parts from VagParts and im looking to buy the ambient light pack

it says it comes in 4 colours - soul, platinum, aqua, twist

how do i find out what colour the one i have is or what these colours look like? as far as i know the colour of the one i have in the car is the same as the one in the picture

need to know asap

thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie
    I am about to order some parts from VagParts and im looking to buy the ambient light pack

it says it comes in 4 colours - soul, platinum, aqua, twist

how do i find out what colour the one i have is or what these colours look like? as far as i know the colour of the one i have in the car is the same as the one in the picture

need to know asap

thanks
    presumably it is soul - platunum would be black, not sure about aqua and twist.

if you remove your existing one there should be a part number on it - the last letter indicating the colour.

is your car standard - i.e. standard colour roof lining and a\b\c pillars? if so then just tell them that and they should know which one you need.

Boydie
    i guess it is standard lining - i thought the platinum would be black but i have never heard of twist or aqua before :S im just curious to know the colour as a change might look good/better??

Boydie
    how easy is it to remove the light so i can check part numbers??

1st Gear

Status
    Info on removal is in the handbook of my S3.

Boydie
    i shall go have a look now thanks - i take it though that my light is "soul" coloured?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie
    how easy is it to remove the light so i can check part numbers??
    it tells you in the book how to remove it. it should be in the section on how to open\close the sunroof if the electrics fail.

6th Gear

Status
    Soul refers to soul black, the new colour of the A3 dash i.e grey/black so I would say the colour you have is definately NOT soul!
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

1st Gear

Status
    Interior colours are black,deep blue,light grey,& beige these names must be the the new/German version for them.
    which is which who knows?

4th Gear

Status
    blue looks really dated!

1st Gear

Status
    Unless you specced Black headlining your car will have Platinum Grey Headlining.
    2008 VW Golf R32 3dr

DBP :: RNS510 :: Winter Pack :: Retrofit Cruise :: OEM LED Tail Lights :: R-line badges ::

1st Gear

Status
    Wonder where they got the picture from...? Would rather they'd asked me than shamefully mirror-flip the image
    2008 VW Golf R32 3dr

DBP :: RNS510 :: Winter Pack :: Retrofit Cruise :: OEM LED Tail Lights :: R-line badges ::

Boydie
    spoke to Alan at VAGPARTS and i gave him my chassis number - the system brought up a totally different colour lol silver!

so it has now been added to the system!