Chris NottAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's

After just after 12k miles my Continental front tyres were well into the tread wear markers and one rear tyre had some deep cuts/splits in the tread blocks.

I popped to a couple of tyre fitting companies for replacement quotes and thought ....... for a laugh ....... I'd try our local Quick Fit.

Gobsmacked ......... got quoted 144 per tyre fitted for 225/40 R18 Michelin Pilot Sports PS2 Extra Loads!!! They are starting a deal in the next day or so, basicaly buy 3 get one free and he applied to deal early for me.

Just as well I had the rears changed!!!! I bought the car as a few week old demo. One alloy had been kerbed and was marked. Audi had it repaired for me and I thought no more of it until the fitter removed the tyre. The bead had a huge chunk out of it and had a 2 inch split in it at another point (you could see the steel beads through the split)! I asked if it was as bad as it looked and he reckon we were lucky that the tyre had stayed on the rim.

Boss man did the tyres on my car himself, really liked it and didn't put a mark on the alloys. Anyway, I now have 4 new boots fitted by Quick Fit which I never thought I'd say. On my 6 mile drive home on dual carriageways they definately are quieter than the Conti's, be interesting to see how they perform and how long they last.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    They'll perform brilliantly and not last long.

I'm on my third set of PS2s and like them for their all-out grip, good rain manners, and light weight. Top tire!
    Ben.
    '05 A3 3.2 MT6 /// KW Variant III - GenII Haldex Performance Part - H&R sways - TST Stressbrace - VF-Engineering full mounts - 17lb 8x18 Neuspeed forged wheels - CG Lock - Ross Tech

HPA FT450 turbo installed, with world's best Torsen front diff: www.peloquins.com

Every day's a track day ;-)

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JaminBen
    They'll perform brilliantly and not last long.

I'm on my third set of PS2s and like them for their all-out grip, good rain manners, and light weight. Top tire!
    Really wasn't impressed with the Conti's in the wet, so hoping these will be better and inspire abit more confidence.

Most of my driving is motorway, so fingers crossed that the PS2's are not as soft as the Conti's and last longer than 12k.

6th Gear

Status
    I had PS2 extra load on my previous 8L S3 and found them brilliant!

Drove a Carrera 4S yesterday with them on too!
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.