JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    BrianM

Status

Misano Red Paint flaking again.

Bought my Misano Red S Line Sportback ex demo from dealer last August and shortly after the lacquer on the front bumper started to peel. Audi Huntingdon very kindly sorted it under warranty and also repainted the rear bumper as the match was poor. However I now notice exactly the same thing is happening again so another trip to dealer is in order. Could this be a result of chipped paint then being lifted by the jetwash pressure. I have never had this on a car before so I feel it must be defective paint? Any thoughts or similar experiences anyone? I know i'm not the only one to have this problem but it seems to be only the Misano Red colour.
    A3 2.0TDi 140 DSG S-Line (Bluefin, Misano Red, 20 spoke 18's, Bose etc)
    Triumph Sprint ST 995 (Tornado Red, Carbon sports exhaust)

2. # ADS
    ADS

BrianM

Status
    Anyone experienced the same?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianM
    Anyone experienced the same?
    A friend from work did after his Alpha was fitted with a new bumper
    TTS, 19's,DSG,Sat Nav,phone,elec seats,bose,ex leather,and more

1st Gear

Status
    I know Beddie's is booked in to get his front bumper done after we get back from the ring.. Started to peel like yours, mines ok for now.

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah, as Curley has said my front bumper has started to lose lacquer in a couple of places..

The lacquer on the bottom edge underneath the chrome grill surround has started to 'bubble' and peel along the entire length of the grill and a piece about the size of a 5p coin has come away from just beneath the headlight,

Not too bothered at the moment tbh as the front bumper had a few stone chips anyway and i've managed to talk the dealer into doing the work in 5 weeks when i return from the 'Ring to save a freshly painted bumper getting chipped to death at Autobahn speeds...

After reading through a few old threads on here it does seem however that Misano red in particular suffers from this problem!, i'll be keeping an eagle eye on the new bumper and the rest of the car for any more peeling that's for sure...

windsurfer

Status
    I was so close to order mine in red! Best of luck mates, hope Phantom Black is OK.

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

Reverse Gear

Status
    Mine is the same- front bumper is losing laquer all over it! Im waiting for Newtron abbot audi to book it in- three weeks so far and it has been a really battle to get them to admit it is a warrenty issue!

BrianM

Status
    Well as they have done mine once hopefully they will admit responsibility fairly promptly. We'll see.