REVO v BLUEFIN

Steve-L

Reaction score
What is the difference between the two, from what I can see Revo gives better gains than bluefin and thats about it.
A chap on here recently posted his 1/4 mile time at Santa Pod in his Bluefinned 2.0TFSI Quattro, would the same car with Revo beat this time due to higher BHP/Torque ?

You must always remember there are many variables to consider when reading power claims, for example temperature type of fuel etc...95 ron versus 98ron.

I doubt if you would personally notice much difference between either application on the road, both Revo and Bluefin come highly recommended and a remap is well worth considering for the excellent gains, just down be drawn in by the claimed figures.

Spin

I agree, the 0-60 has a lot to do with the driver and environmental conditions. The in-gear times are far easier to reproduce. But I'm sure you'd be happy with either the Revo remap, Bluefin or any of the major companies products.

Steve-L said:
What is the difference between the two, from what I can see Revo gives better gains than bluefin and thats about it.
A chap on here recently posted his 1/4 mile time at Santa Pod in his Bluefinned 2.0TFSI Quattro, would the same car with Revo beat this time due to higher BHP/Torque ?

Ive spent many hours on the dyno. Its easy to produce the figures you want.
Do they produce what they say on the tin ?

Dont be dragged in by web site numbers -

Its not all about the performance figures, you have to consider the following:

Customer Service and Aftersales Techincal Support
Warranty - Superchips covers damage to engine parts caused by remap
Driveability of car with remap
Flexibility of engine, ie. smooth torque curve, low turbo lag etc.
Fuel mpg.
Detectability within the ECU - can dealers etc see the remap on the ECU etc.

I don't know what the REVO remap is like but i am 100% pleased with my Bluefin and would go to say it has transformed the car.

RobinA3 said:
Its not all about the performance figures, you have to consider the following:

Customer Service and Aftersales Techincal Support
Warranty - Superchips covers damage to engine parts caused by remap
Driveability of car with remap
Flexibility of engine, ie. smooth torque curve, low turbo lag etc.
Fuel mpg.
Detectability within the ECU - can dealers etc see the remap on the ECU etc.

I don't know what the REVO remap is like but i am 100% pleased with my Bluefin and would go to say it has transformed the car.

Agree 100%.

The biggest criteria has to be how easy the car to drive.