Chris NottSky Insurance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2nd Gear

Status

Party on Monday 30th April?

My car is born on Monday.

Any other week 18'ers wanna have a "talk ****** birthday party" on this thread about how they can't wait for their new car, please join in.
    Last edited by normski; 27th April 2007 at 00:55.
    Silver 2007 S3

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    I am a bellend (not to the same level as Plank obviously!)

I do ofcourse mean the 30th April!
    Silver 2007 S3

1st Gear

Status
    My A3 is on build week 18 (see signature), I have noticed a few other people also mention their car on build week 18. Seems like we gonna have quite a few happy guys in this forum ....say by 20th-25th of May?

oh talking about the "wait", I have given up thinking about it. I had to get back to work and living normally. I can't read the A3 catalog over and over again anymore , or searching for parts to install. I'm sick of all that anticipantion now.

what ...4 weeks before delivery, I already have aluminum brushed side mirror covers and aluminum pedals arrived in my mail box.

Oh, and also, this wait not only cost me time, but also money. I have changed my color and added options. Those Audi dealers, they had me bend over the second I signed that paper!
    Last edited by mcmasman; 27th April 2007 at 08:23.
    2007 Lava grey A3 2.0 140 TDI Quattro Sportsback
    S-line int/ext, cruise, mfsw, aluminum rails, Xenons+, coming-leaving home, light + rain, parking sensors, hill hold, Bluefin, 18" OEM double 7-spokes RS4 alloys

2nd Gear

Status
    You are right about changing your mind, I rang up last Friday to add something to the spec...

Just want it to rain until I get the car, everytime the sun comes out I need my new car NOW....
    Silver 2007 S3

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by normski
    ...everytime the sun comes out I need my new car NOW....
    oh ... sorry. This weekend is going to be hot and sunny!
    S-line int/ext, cruise, mfsw, aluminum rails, Xenons+, coming-leaving home, light + rain, parking sensors, hill hold, Bluefin, 18" OEM double 7-spokes RS4 alloys

6th Gear

Status
    You are right about changing your mind, I rang up last Friday to add something to the spec...
    LED rear lights?
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamS3
    LED rear lights?
    You are a funny guy!
    Silver 2007 S3

Neutral

Status
    I'm week 18, (which i'm told is this week) and have been given "any time after the 14th" as delivery date

I enquired today about the chances of adding to the spec and was told I coulnd't as it had been confirmed now

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by KARL
    I'm week 18, (which i'm told is this week) and have been given "any time after the 14th" as delivery date

I enquired today about the chances of adding to the spec and was told I coulnd't as it had been confirmed now
    What are you having? What were you trying to add?
    Silver 2007 S3

1st Gear

Status
    [quote=KARL]I'm week 18, (which i'm told is this week) and have been given "any time after the 14th" as delivery date

Really, the 14th? I'm build week 18 and my dealer told me that I'm looking at collecting, about June 1st. Hopefully he's just being conservative with his dates then.

1st Gear

Status
    I think 20 - 25 May is more normal. At least that's the week I expect it to be ready for pick up.

Neutral

Status
    What are you having? What were you trying to add?
    I've got pretty much everything i want - dvd sat nav, ipod, bose, tv, folding mirrors, flat bottom SW, bluetooth armrest...

Was just gonna ask about cruise control - didn't really think I wanted it at the time and i'm not too fussed - the thread on here got me thinking an I thought for 240 or something I may aswell add it - anyways I didn't even get that far as he said I couldn't change anything at this stage

VOIP Dude

Status
    I haven't even got a build date on mine yet. September seems so long away!!!!

At least I don't have a BMW as an in between car this time. Much prefer the Octavia
    Spence

Gone at 80k: 2007 A3 Sportback 2.0T S-Line S-Tronic Mauritius Blue
    (4 S-Tronic boxes, 3 Mechatronics Units, 2 Dual Mass flywheels, 2 sets of engine mounts)
    Gone at 32k: 2005 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 140 S-Line DSG
    Ebony Black

1st Gear

Status
    Got a call from the dealer today with the vin number for my car. delivery date week 21 ...

Normski, hardcore Hallam, Karl, any news for yours?

1st Gear

Status
    Yep I also got a call today, the dealer told me the car may arrive a little early, but still reckons it'll be the end of this month. They're going to call me next week with a definate date. Week 21 would be great.

2nd Gear

Status
    Not a whisper on mine!
    Silver 2007 S3

Third Gear

Status
    Not a whisper on mine!
    Some dealers need a little push along in my experience, I kept in touch for regular updates as i wanted to inspect the car as soon as it had been delivered even though it would still be in it's transit covers, so they weren't able to repair any damage that may of occured. Call me paranoid, but I don't trust anybody in the car trade.

I would imagine your car is now either being shipped or in the country. They can easy find out for you, exactly where the car is.

Mark
    Last edited by markwiggy; 9th May 2007 at 17:28.
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

1st Gear

Status
    I was told that my car will be taking a train to North Germany before taking a boat ride to Norway. Similar to UK customer then? My build week was 2 weeks delayed so my dealer promised me to grab the car off the lot as soon as it arrives. Good thing thou is that the dealership is 20 km from the cargo ship drop off port.

I would also like to see it as soon as it arrive to the dealership ... Getting a new car doesn't happen often to me so it is an exciting/special event

Neutral

Status
    Last thing i heard was still "any time from next monday". I'm expecting last week in May though (hope so anyways as i'm in US for 2 months from 1st June...not ideal timing!)

The guy i'm dealing with goes on holiday from Monday which isn't great. He's promised to call to update me before he goes away so I guess i'll call on Friday if still no heard

1st Gear

Status
    Just had another call from the dealer, apparently my car is awaiting shipment now. God knows how long that takes, the girl that called me had no idea either???

2nd Gear

Status
    My car has landed at the PDI centre and will be ready Wednesday!
    Silver 2007 S3

1st Gear

Status
    [quote=normski]My car has landed at the PDI centre and will be ready Wednesday![/quote
    Bloody hell, that's well quick. Can you actually drive the car away this coming Wednesday? Do you know what route the car takes from Germany?
    Definitely gonna give my dealer a kick up the ass!

Do you know what route the car takes from Germany?
    A3s leave the factory in Ingolstadt in Southern Germany by train and go to a sea port in Northern Germany. Here they are driven on a ship and transported by sea to Grimsby. Once unloaded they are taken by road transporter direct to the dealer who carries out the PDI ready for collection by it's new owner.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2nd Gear

Status
    Yes, too bloody quick, wasn't expecting it for another week, so mad rush now to get my garage emptied and the insurance sorted!

Was at the PDI centre on Friday, so basically 11 days from beginning of build week to arrival at the centre. It will be ready for me Wednesday to drive away, though may have to leave it until the weekend.

Been given a list of reg numbers...the hardest decision I have had to make so far. They had loads ending in *TF, but WTF had already gone, sadly...
    Silver 2007 S3

1st Gear

Status
    At least, if you pick your car up at the weekend Normski, it may have stopped raining by then.

Neutral

Status
    Spoke to my dealer today who said mine "should be in the country" but apparantly the system hadn't updated yet from the weekend and was still showing that it was on the ship

Delivery date "end of next week"

6th Gear

Status
    Any ending in LED?

Would match.....
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

5th Gear

Status
    Whats an average waiting time for a factory order A3?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Whats an average waiting time for a factory order A3?
    If I collect mine next week, that will have been 11 weeks from the day I ordered. I think some of the other guys have got theirs a little sooner. It probably depends on your location. I'm collecting mine from the Gatwick Airport area.

1st Gear

Status
    normski, that's quick ... I need to give me dealer a call tomorrow!!

Don't forget to give a proper feedback after pick up!

Third Gear

Status
    Nice one Norm, 2 more sleeps.

Mark
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamS3
    Any ending in LED?

Would match.....
    You should leave the fuzz and become a bloody comedian....very good
    Silver 2007 S3

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by markwiggy
    Nice one Norm, 2 more sleeps.

Mark
    That is exactly what we keep saying to my 3 year old who's birthday is on Wednesday...he is getting a slide! I am getting the worst car that 30,000 can buy, should've got an R32 cuz J.C. says so.
    Silver 2007 S3

Third Gear

Status
    I am getting the worst car that 30,000 can buy, should've got an R32 cuz J.C. says so.
    Such a waste of cash, you could have bought a R32, some extra V Power and an even bigger slide for your little fella and still have enough for that long weekend you always promised yourself in Blackpool.

Worth every penny matey !!

Mark.

2nd Gear

Status
    Shame the R32 with the same spec as my S3 would have cost more...
    Silver 2007 S3

1st Gear

Status
    Have you been to see your car yet Normski? Anyone else heard from their dealers yet?

2nd Gear

Status
    I've just heard from your dealer Hallam he said

" Tell ya mate that we are having trouble trying to get pink diamontes to match the outside colour of the car which he'd like sewn in to the suede seats spelling out the name of his pet miniture yorkie dog"
    2008 S3 in Ibis White

291BHP! STANDARD on 95ron Fuel. Get In.
    All Hail Mitch78

1st Gear

Status
    Screw you Eagle, got your Bluefin yet, oh no, forgot you're not allowed?

2nd Gear

Status
    Got the car, looks amazing with the darker glass, too me anyway...on nights tonight though, no time to write any more yet...hope you guys get yours soon
    Silver 2007 S3

1st Gear

Status
    Nice one Normski, look forward to some pictures when you're back on day shift. Got another call from the dealer today, my car is in the country and gonna be ready on the 26th, but something doesn't add up. They told me, the reason I haven't received my car yet, is because the build date got put back to week 20. When I got off the phone, I realised that week 20 is THIS week. So I'm led to believe that the car got built and sent over in 3 days?? That's fast, even for the Germans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast