Car spluttering and Emissions light on

AlexRS3

Reaction score
I have had my car a total of 6 days and today on the way home the engine emissions light started coming on and off and the car started spluttering. Nearer home the light came on permantly and now the car is spluttering really bad and i can hardly rev it, it is pretty much undriveable!

Anyone know what this could be?

Its a 1.5yr old 2.0T.

Reactions: Leon tfsi
If it's still covered by warranty get Audi roadside assistance to come out to it. If they have to take it to the dealer they will get you a car from a car hire company. Take it to the dealer yourself and there are no guarantees that you will get acourtesy car.

Thanks for all your replies. My girlfriend managed to drive it to the dealers this morning (only a few miles away) and they have had it today, turned out to be the coil pack as davidmann said. Luckliy its all under warranty, worked out quite well as it was dirty and its all clean and shiney now :)

Can anyone please elabrate what is "coil pack"?

Thanks in advance.

Coilpack is an individual HT Coil that raises the signal from the ECU to the HT voltage required to create the spark across the spark plug. They sit directly on top of each spark plug.

There were a lot of problems with them on the 1.8T Engines, though not the early versions which have a seporate driver amp. The design was changed so that he driver amp and coil was all in one package and there was a design / manufactor problem that meant that a lot failed.