Badger5Monster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

ECU Update at first service, any ideas?

Hiya all,

my car has been booked in for its first service (11 months old), and they tell me they will be doing an ECU update at the same time.

Anyone else had this done, are there any easy to identify benefits?
    Audi A5 2.0TFSI 211 S Line
    Lotus Evora

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I took mine in last week and they said mine needed doing too. I said I would get it done on the next service (Nov) it stops a misfire issue according to the service tech that can appear on the 2.0T. No gains in BHP or MPG i'm afraid
    2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring

1st Gear

Status
    I was wondering if it did anything like adding some of the new functions on the slightly newer A3, like displaying Speed on the display, or anything else funky.

Never mind.
    Lotus Evora

4th Gear

Status
    Nope it adds no functions to the dis(they can't be added without the dash unit being changed apparently). Mine had the ECU flash last month and it makes no noticable difference.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

6th Gear

Status
    I'll have to make sure i d'fin it before i have mine done

5th Gear

Status
    thats why I did not have mine done at the time
    2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinA3
    I'll have to make sure i d'fin it before i have mine done
    I imagine you would need to have the code changed to match the new ECU revision? So a matter of downloading the code and sending it off again?
    Lotus Evora

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dalepearson
    I imagine you would need to have the code changed to match the new ECU revision? So a matter of downloading the code and sending it off again?
    yup and yup :-)

1st Gear

Status
    Well had my car serviced, and I cant say I notice any difference since the ecu update, not that I think I am supposed to.

I have just been reading on the Golf forum that some people think this ECU update has given people issues getting a remap put on. Doesnt make any sense to me, anyone had this issue?
    Lotus Evora

Reverse Gear

Status
    I had a fault on my nov06 2.0 tdi where it was slightly jerky(misfire could it could be) on a light throttle and the dealer did a flash update last week and I'm very unhappy with the car. The throttle now feels unresponsive when setting off and I need to be heavier on the pedal to get swift performance and it does not quite feel to have the edge it did.

I have no mods on the ecu yet and they have no issue with it as long as they know about it before hand.

The car is going in again on Tuesday. I will update.

1st Gear

Status
    I have just had mine back in for more rattles to be sortedand they also did the software upgrade, the upgrade is a modification to the FSi system. It should not make any difference to the performance etc.

I did send mine in with the standard map, and it was completly over written, once I plugged the bluefin back in, it went straight to the "copy original" stage, so called superchips and explained what has happened, I simply sent the new standard map and they returned a new bluefin software programme.

I did explain that my car was mapped on there rolling road and was worried about a lowered power map being sent back, fortunatly they modified my original bluefin re-map to suit the new code.

So all sorted in less than a day and bluefin back on!!
    A3 S-Line Special Edition 2.0T Sportback - Brilliant Black - Symphany 2 - Heated Seats - Roof Rails - Armrest - Bluefin with 257.5BHP and 274lb/ft!!!
    Vauxhall Signum Elite 3.0 V6 CDTi with VXR Styling pack, 19's and loads more!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Today I received an email form Audi and the reason my car feels less responsive off the line is the upgraded software. Audi are having issues on the diesel models with early clutch failure due to the throttle being too aggressive. They have altered the throttle response in first to allow for a more progressive set off and will upgrade all cars I guess as and when they are looked at by the dealers. I have got used to it now and the car seems as good as before, next stop will be superchips!