Hello & I get my S3 tomorrow

chanlon1

Reaction score
Website
www.babybmw.net
Hi all,

Long time lurker and only just registered :asskicking:

Get my new S3 tomorrow....and can't wait......3.5 months has been a hell of a long time:sadlike:

Bit about myself........ I'm Colin, 34yrs, live just outside Belfast, previously been a BMW driver oir the last 7 or so years, and currently have a Z4.

I'm an IT Manager for Belfast based Software company owned by a large American Insurance company.
Other than cars and PC's (sound like nerd here :readit: ) I am also the administrator/owner of a successful BMW 1 Series forum (see signature)

I decided to give Audi a try, and took a shine to the S3 .... did test the TT, but found the S3 way more exciting.

Couldn't get over the amount of kit that comes standard on the S3 ... when I ordered the Z4, I had to pay out soooo much money for extras.

The only extras I've seen the need to go for with the Audi are:
  • Light/Rain Pack - purely had to get this for the auto dim interior mirror
  • FCA - need somewhere to rest my elbow!
  • Flat Steering Wheel - doesn't it just look the business!
  • Bluetooth - had it on previous cars and is so useful
  • BOSE - more sound the better!
Anyway, 13 more hours till I get me mitts on it....will post some pics when I get the chance

Good Luck fella!

The S3 (especially in Dolphin Grey) is a cracking car :icon_thumright:

gtijames said:
Good Luck fella!

The S3 (especially in Dolphin Grey) is a cracking car :icon_thumright:

Thanks - looking forward to the Dolphin colour, my Z4 was a similar colour so it shouldn't be too hard to get used to!

Welcome matey! Nice choice, I'm sure you'll love every minute of ownership!:icon_thumright:

Welcome mate

Yep i went for the S3 over the TT too.

You won't regret it - enjoy!

hey colin! good to see another northern irelander on the site!!

you will belong to a select group over here as there are not many S3 owners in NI

do you know the exact number at all?

Mo on this site is waiting on his

i am yet to see one on the roads but as far as i know there is an orange one floating about!

if you are not a member of any other car enthusiast sites i would recommend www.reallymeansounds.com/forum - its one of the best NI enthusiast sites which lets you know of all up coming events/meets, car related chat, classifieds and general banter!

i hope to organise a VAG photoshoot within the next month or so which you are more than welcome to come along and bring the S3! i will let you know though nearer the time! :D

thanks all for the warm welcome - spent the day with a variety of people in my passenger seat wetting themselves when the turbo kicks in :arco:

I have still way too much of a grin to write a decent "write up" or take photos but will do so in a day or so

Boydie - Agnews weren't able to tell me exactly how many S3's are on the roads over here, but they did indicate "not many".
Their test car is a yellow one (I believe .... their RS4 is Solar Orange)

no probs mate - what area of belfast you from?

im living in greenisland at the minute but originally from coleraine!

not far from where i work!

if you ever need any accessories or cleaning products go to Streetracer on enterprise rd, bangor. the owner Armo is a top bloke and does great deals! you will need to keep that s3 clean :p