Votex Spoiler or S-Line Spoiler...

emzino

Reaction score
Well pay day is lurring and apart from the usual bills etc I think i'll have enough to get rid of my 2 stone chips + i think i'll be able to squeeze enough for a roof spoiler.

Now I went onto http://www.audi-accessories.co.uk and found this: http://www.audi-accessories.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=26 - Votex Spoiler.

Now what is the difference between the Votex Soiler & S-Line Spoiler. Now I don't have any plans on getting the Votex kit anymore so would I be better off getting the S-Line Spoiler or are they just the same...

Looking at the picture .......... I agree with with A3simon in that they look extremely similar.

76019307f18b713918b4865d8df670b2df23e0d961769adc7a2f5626.jpg

Not a brilliant picture but you can see the spoiler on my S-Line.

My apologies, I read the OP too quickly and assumed you were talking about the front lip for some reason.

They look the same...

They're not the slightest bit similar I'm afraid.

The Votex roof spoiler has very "angled" sides, where the "flat" top bit angles down to meet the sides of the tailgate, if you know what I mean. The S-Line one is far smoother here and curves downward.

More importantly, the Votex one says it incorporates the rear brake light but the S-Line one doesn't, it just allows the standard brake light to show "through" it.

Vertigo1 said:
They're not the slightest bit similar I'm afraid.

The Votex roof spoiler has very "angled" sides, where the "flat" top bit angles down to meet the sides of the tailgate, if you know what I mean. The S-Line one is far smoother here and curves downward.

More importantly, the Votex one says it incorporates the rear brake light but the S-Line one doesn't, it just allows the standard brake light to show "through" it.

I'm ALMOST certain that my S-line spolier has a built in brake light. :think:

I'll check when the missus gets home with it.

In general terms the spoilers look similar in their style IMHO.:)

This is a piccy of an S-line

Yeah my Votex one doesn't incorporate the brake light. They aren't too disimilar though (are they?).

11.jpg

Think mine is the Votex one, fitted by the stealer after i had ordered the car.

The standard factory fit spoiler is held on by double sided tape and
two bolts, so to retro-fit this you will have drill holes in the tailgate
or cut them off (this what I did) and stick with adhesive.
The Votex spoiler has no provision for bolts and is just a simple glue on job.
The high level brake light is part of the tailgate and the spoiler has a cut
out to allow it to be seen.

Sounds like abit of work into getting that spoiler fitted.

Well that side, which would you guys advise I get? I do want my brake light to show somehow btw...

One is a small SLINE spoiler, the Votex one is bigger. Look at the pictures? They both have space for the highline brake

Wish I could see both in the flesh. I might go for the Votex in the end to go with my 18" RS6's

Nice. Hey thanks for that wilko. Any chance of getting more shots from different angle. Pref from side, back etc. Please :)