Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    5th Gear

Status

Votex Spoiler or S-Line Spoiler...

Well pay day is lurring and apart from the usual bills etc I think i'll have enough to get rid of my 2 stone chips + i think i'll be able to squeeze enough for a roof spoiler.

Now I went onto http://www.audi-accessories.co.uk and found this: http://www.audi-accessories.co.uk/in...d&productId=26 - Votex Spoiler.

Now what is the difference between the Votex Soiler & S-Line Spoiler. Now I don't have any plans on getting the Votex kit anymore so would I be better off getting the S-Line Spoiler or are they just the same...
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    They look totally different!
    Silver 2007 S3

5th Gear

Status
    seems to me they are the same

2009 Suzuki GSXR1000K9 SE in White
    2012 Triumph Speed Triple R in Black
    2012 RS3 in Racing Mica Blue
    2012 A1 TFSI in Misano red (shared with mum)

1st Gear

Status
    Looking at the picture .......... I agree with with A3simon in that they look extremely similar.

Not a brilliant picture but you can see the spoiler on my S-Line.
    Last edited by coupe-se; 23rd April 2007 at 15:48.

2nd Gear

Status
    My apologies, I read the OP too quickly and assumed you were talking about the front lip for some reason.

They look the same...
    Silver 2007 S3

6th Gear

Status
    They're not the slightest bit similar I'm afraid.

The Votex roof spoiler has very "angled" sides, where the "flat" top bit angles down to meet the sides of the tailgate, if you know what I mean. The S-Line one is far smoother here and curves downward.

More importantly, the Votex one says it incorporates the rear brake light but the S-Line one doesn't, it just allows the standard brake light to show "through" it.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1
    They're not the slightest bit similar I'm afraid.

The Votex roof spoiler has very "angled" sides, where the "flat" top bit angles down to meet the sides of the tailgate, if you know what I mean. The S-Line one is far smoother here and curves downward.

More importantly, the Votex one says it incorporates the rear brake light but the S-Line one doesn't, it just allows the standard brake light to show "through" it.
    I'm ALMOST certain that my S-line spolier has a built in brake light.

I'll check when the missus gets home with it.

In general terms the spoilers look similar in their style IMHO.

This is a piccy of an S-line

Last edited by coupe-se; 23rd April 2007 at 16:32.

Top Gear

Status
    Yeah my Votex one doesn't incorporate the brake light. They aren't too disimilar though (are they?).
    A3 2.0 TDI Sport in Akoya Silver - with... Black Alcantara, Black Headlining, Aluminium Inlay's, Interior Light Pack, Storage & Luggage Pack, Front Armrest, Electronic Climate Control, Non-smoking Pack, First Aid Kit & Warning Triangle, Electric Sunroof, Heated/Folding Door Mirrors, Sony CDX-GT930UI with USB iPod Connector & BOSE, 17" '5 Spoke Star' Alloys, Light & Rain Sensors, Xenons, Vortex Rear Spoiler, GTI Aluminium Pedals & Black Brake Callipers!

5th Gear

Status

Think mine is the Votex one, fitted by the stealer after i had ordered the car.
    2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring

Neutral

Status
    The standard factory fit spoiler is held on by double sided tape and
    two bolts, so to retro-fit this you will have drill holes in the tailgate
    or cut them off (this what I did) and stick with adhesive.
    The Votex spoiler has no provision for bolts and is just a simple glue on job.
    The high level brake light is part of the tailgate and the spoiler has a cut
    out to allow it to be seen.
    (8P)A3 2.0 TDI Sport-Dolphin Grey-
    1983 (DAC)Talbot Sunbeam Lotus - Weekend Toy.

5th Gear

Status
    Sounds like abit of work into getting that spoiler fitted.

Well that side, which would you guys advise I get? I do want my brake light to show somehow btw...
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

5th Gear

Status
    One is a small SLINE spoiler, the Votex one is bigger. Look at the pictures? They both have space for the highline brake
    2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring

5th Gear

Status
    Wish I could see both in the flesh. I might go for the Votex in the end to go with my 18" RS6's

Gone but not forgotten

Top Gear

Status
    Check out this pic it shows the votex spoiler and brake light on mine.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...o/IMG_0010.jpg
    A3 2.0 TDI Sport in Akoya Silver - with... Black Alcantara, Black Headlining, Aluminium Inlay's, Interior Light Pack, Storage & Luggage Pack, Front Armrest, Electronic Climate Control, Non-smoking Pack, First Aid Kit & Warning Triangle, Electric Sunroof, Heated/Folding Door Mirrors, Sony CDX-GT930UI with USB iPod Connector & BOSE, 17" '5 Spoke Star' Alloys, Light & Rain Sensors, Xenons, Vortex Rear Spoiler, GTI Aluminium Pedals & Black Brake Callipers!

5th Gear

Status
    Nice. Hey thanks for that wilko. Any chance of getting more shots from different angle. Pref from side, back etc. Please

Gone but not forgotten