A3 Tips and Tricks

giblets46

Reaction score
Just thought I would start up a thread for people to add usefull tips and tricks which are little known ( though invariably in the manual), and less known features. If its any good may be useful as a sticky.

1. For dual zone climactic Air-con, pressing and holding the auto button will synchronise the driver and passenger side with the drivers control (can be undone by simply changing the passenger side control).

2. Pressing and holding the door un-lock button on the remote control key fob will open all the windows (this is not a 'one touch' operation), pressing and holding the door 'lock' button has the opposite effect. (this is especially useful when you come back to your car that has been parked in the sun all afternoon!).

3. Pressing the wipers for single wipe quickly after switching off the ignition will put them in a 'park' position, which is easier to clean, change blades etc

4. One not in the manual, on the newer A3's with the Concert 3's (the double dine one), press and hold the menu button, and the display will go through the 'menu' menu, back, and then a 'test screen' which includes the signal strength for the given station!

There was a similar thread back in April 2006, so rather than everyone have to repeat themselves it may be worth looking back at the following thread...

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=22295

One item that is often missed is the control of the temperature setting on the electronic climate control depending on which key is used to start the car. In my case my wife prefers the setting to be higher when she is using the car and when she uses her key the system is set to 22c, but when my key starts the car its sets to 20c.