EM TuningMonster Motorsport

Thread: TV option

Neutral

Status

TV option

Anyone know how easy it is to rewire the TV so that you can have it on whilst driving (for the sake of passengers obviously)....

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    With the VAG stuff you need to buy an adapter cable to enable it. It is called "Video In Motion".

I've bought a couple of these from a company called NavTV in Cardiff.

Check them out here

I called them before Christmas for some information on the RNS-E and they told me they were only able to activate the CD based navigation units, but that they hoped to have a solution for the DVD based option soon.

Neutral

Status
    Ok thx - will give them a buzz when I get the new S3

Being a bit of a newbie and seeing those cables....once its done nothing is on view, right?
    Last edited by KARL; 19th April 2007 at 07:51.

Status
    Check out http://www.navplus.us as well - it's been done on there too, but I can't recall whether it was with VAG-COM or a special CD software update. I know the latter is being worked on (a group of users are trying to decompile the RNS-E software).
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by KARL
    Ok thx - will give them a buzz when I get the new S3

Being a bit of a newbie and seeing those cables....once its done nothing is on view, right?
    nah, the cables sit in behind the head unit. you take the cable from the back of the head unit, put it into one end of the new cable, and put the other end of it into the head unit where the original cable was.

6th Gear

Status
    The best solution is the tool to enable VIM on the HU without additional wires or parts, It does not affect the Navigation as the hardwired solution does.

The cost to do is £79 and I have the tool. You need your Nav system PIN code to use the tool as the Nav system is reporgrammed out of the car.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s8craig
    The best solution is the tool to enable VIM on the HU without additional wires or parts, It does not affect the Navigation as the hardwired solution does.

The cost to do is 79 and I have the tool. You need your Nav system PIN code to use the tool as the Nav system is reporgrammed out of the car.
    Can u elaborate on how the navigation is affected by the hard wired option?